Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Gloves?

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

Question Shooting Gloves?

Now that the weather has gotten colder I am looking to buy a good shooting glove. I have heard of Vickers Signature Series Gloves, Blackwater, GripSwell and a couple of other makers I cant remember. I am not an Operator or anything high speed like that. I want some gloves to keep my hands warm when I shoot IDPA or go to an outdoor range. Any suggestions with recommendations why I should buy a certain glove is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Tag for reference

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I used the Vickers gloves during two cold nights of shooting a couple of weeks ago and they do a decent job of keeping your hands warm. They are strong and fit well, with a good range of adjustment.

Grant was nice enough to toss a couple of us some chemical heat thingies to keep in our pockets - highly recommended.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Gloves

There are several good gloves for shooting out there. I don't own a pair of the Vickers yet, but I have heard great things about them. Understand that not to many of the gloves that you will probably get recommendations on are going to do a great job of keeping your hands real warm in cold climates. With that said I recommend regular nomex aviator gloves, Oakley gloves, an was mentioned the Vickers gloves. Most of these are going to offer you good dexterity and be able to manipulate the weapon in a fashion that you are used to.

Feedback Score
    check out fox motorcross gloves. The fingers are thinner for better lever control on the bike and work really well for shooting. and not really that pricey.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is not the easiest question to answer. If you are not carrying a gun at work you don't really need nomex or kevlar...unless you want to pay extra for it.
    The other problem is thin gloves are not warm and warm gloves do not give you the dexterity needed to properly manipulate the weapon.

If it is just for competition and going to the range, then get the glove you want because you will have your hands in your pockets while you are not shooting anyway.

I have 2 pairs that I currently wear right now. My primary pair are my Oakley Assault Gloves with the thumb, middle, and index finger cut off. Oakley gloves have that carbon fiber knuckle protector that does not fit everyone- so try it before you buy it.

My 2nd pair, that I use for night(nights are cold here) and colder weather are not even "shooting gloves". They are Mechanix "Impact Protection" gloves. They have rubber coated knuckles, mesh backed, leather palm, and have thin rubber in the tip of the thumb, middle, and index finger. The plam is also padded. They were $30 at Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...010&lpage=none

Only spend what you need to- spend the rest on bullets.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Thanks for the suggestions concerning shooting gloves. I am going to check out the Oakley Assault Gloves, Mechanix "Impact Protection" and some Fox Motocross gloves.

Feedback Score
    try outdoor research gloves . they are for ice climbing - they're sort of like thin wetsuit gloves . i used them today at the range as temps were in the high 20's. wore them to load mags and shoot - kept my hands warm and the dexterity was really good . i got them at eastern mountain sports - www.ems.com . i think they were about 40.00$

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNNEL RAT 33 View Post
    try outdoor research gloves . they are for ice climbing - they're sort of like thin wetsuit gloves . i used them today at the range as temps were in the high 20's. wore them to load mags and shoot - kept my hands warm and the dexterity was really good . i got them at eastern mountain sports - www.ems.com . i think they were about 40.00$
    Could you be more specific? Then only outdoor research gloves I found on that site were $139.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    sorry , i bought the gloves last year and you know what happens when you assume ! LOL . i checked the ems site and the closest gloves they had to the outdoor research gloves i was referring to are these - NRS Hydroskin gloves for 32.00$ - i went also on the outdoor research website www.outdoorresearch.com and they have them in stock - the model is ALIBI gloves they currently are running for $59.00 . they are a little pricey - but they are great gloves . hope this helps !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast