Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooting Gloves?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've got to agree with Dave -- this is not the easiest question to answer, as there are a lot of variables to consider, and a dizzying array of new products to choose from.

Personally, while this is a bit old school of me, I've never strayed from the plain vanilla miltary NOMEX flight gloves. True, there are more elegant solutions, but after some 25 years of wearing these for a wide variety of applications, I still find them hard to beat. They aren't at all specialized, don't come from a recognized label, and lack high-speed accoutrements, but they are well-made, reasonably durable, snug fitting, and cheap to replace. Don't really see myself making changes any time soon ...

Chief

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TUNNEL RAT 33 View Post
    sorry , i bought the gloves last year and you know what happens when you assume ! LOL . i checked the ems site and the closest gloves they had to the outdoor research gloves i was referring to are these - NRS Hydroskin gloves for 32.00$ - i went also on the outdoor research website www.outdoorresearch.com and they have them in stock - the model is ALIBI gloves they currently are running for $59.00 . they are a little pricey - but they are great gloves . hope this helps !
    The NRS Hydroskin gloves are womens..... Thanks for looking so hard!

Guess I will have to shop around locally anyway to find the right fit.

Feedback Score
    oops , sorry about the womens model - didnt realize it - i was looking for anything similar to the alibi gloves that i bought from them last year . those are mens gloves on the outdoor research site though and the exact model i have .

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mechanix gloves or Nomex flight gloves. I have tried many others and never found ones besides those listed that will work for me with my AR and Glock.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Mechanix are the best I have ever used. Oakley, Hatch, Motorsport, flight gloves, I have used them all and they all wore out quick.

The mechanix are outstanding!
    Your lowest form of training will be your highest performance in combat!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hatch Operator gloves are the biggest pieces of shit I've put on my hands. They seem fine till you actually use them and sweat in them. The leather shrinks and dries out to a nice stiff cardboard feel. Then when you put them on, the leather splits. I've owned a green and tan pair had the same problems.

Nomex Flight Gloves are a good value. I like shorty gloves so I can check my watch easier. If you are not worried about getting 3rd degree burns from an IED, just go with the Mechanix, they last longer anyway.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ROSS4712 View Post
    Mechanix are the best I have ever used. Oakley, Hatch, Motorsport, flight gloves, I have used them all and they all wore out quick.

The mechanix are outstanding!
    I'm using Oakleys right now, but I didn't pay $80 for them either- they are not even close to being worth that much. Mechanix Leather will outlast everyone else's gloves- especially if you are like me and put grip tape all over your guns.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Funny.. I was using Nomex gloves long before it was cool....

The issues ones are hard to beat, especially if you can DX them.. They do wear out in the tips a little faster then I like, but I have so many pairs around the house now that I think I'm set for awhile..

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    5.11 gloves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12