Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T-Minus One Year and Counting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

T-Minus One Year and Counting.

Ok,

I know I'M a few days early but the One Year count down to the end of the world is approaching 12-21-2012 and I was wondering what everyones take is with all the recent TV, Cable and Motion Picture shows and how this bombardment of 2012 stories would affect people in general?

What I have been told by the local FFL's is that gun sales are through the roof with first time buyers leading the pack.

I hope this thread can focus on how the uninformed populous will react as the date draws closer and not a chop down of the 2012 myth its self.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 12-16-11 at 07:09.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I keep hearing that first time sales are up as of black friday. Somewhere it was mentioned that we could be witnessing something along the lines of the 2008 frenzy. Then again, with all the misinformation out there -- who really knows?

We don't run a TV here but I'm sure the main stream media has latched on to the latest scare to drum up ratings. No surprise here though.

In the end I think we will see another uptick in survival/camping/surplus style purchases as people 'prep' for end of the mayan calendar. Aside from personal beliefs about 2012 and what have you -- more people prepared is a good thing. Y2K(2).

Feedback Score
    I don't believe that the END of the world will happen on 12-21-2012. I hadn't herd that new gun owner sales are at a all time high. That alone kind of makes me nervous. Who knows what people that think the world is literally going to end toting around guns for the first time will do. I mean prepping with food and water is great that is one less crazy I have to worry about trying to come and get mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think most people will approach 12-21-2012 with a cautious optimism, or a guarded sense of humor about it. People will joke and say "I don't believe that crap" outwardly, but privately they will ponder the whole shtf idea. IMO, it won't drive many to prep. People who have recently begun prepping are doing so because of the looming economic collapse/ international situation/ biblical prophecy/ distrust of government. Not 2012.

The rest will keep buying luxuries and entertain themselves silly. And then complain about the bread lines they're forced to stand in

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

One of my life mottos:

I have seen all the Discovery, History, and Nat Geo documentaries, even watched the John Cusack film. No one knows what is going to happen on any given day.

However. . .

There is an old saying among elitist, "never let good crises go to waste".

If nothing naturally occurs it would be a colossal opportunity for the powers that be to flip the switch on their agendas. . .

NASA is anticipating massive solar events around December 2012. No matter if you believe in an ancient Mayan prophecy or not there are many proven astronomical anomalies taking place during December 2012. Some credible scientists believe we may even see a CME.

So IMHO we are looking at either naturally occurring events, the globalist bastards inventing a crisis on that date due to all the speculation, or not a damn thing.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I dont think anything will happen, the day will come and go like any other day.

However, I've heard talk of how people will act in the days leading up to it. Similar to how when the weather stations report a possible big snow storm, everyone runs to the stores to buy out the water, canned food, batteries, etc...I've heard people speculate that it will be like that x 100 as the time gets closer and closer...

We'll see I guess! I too have heard that gun sales are through the roof, I heard that for the first time ever guns were in like the top 3 or 10 or something of items sold on Black Friday...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As a Y2K survivor, somehow I think I'll get through the Mayan Apocalypse just fine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    To be honest I think there will be a run on certain items in the months ahead of 12-21-2012 so buying early if your not already prepared is a must.

I also think persons with mental issues may react in unpredictable ways as the date approaches and most police and fire personnel will find it tough to get a day off once the count down hits single digits.

Some time back I posted were I buried some Wolf ammo in a PVC pipe as a test to see how it would hold up being in the ground for a few years and 12-21-2012 was the dig up date. I may have to make it a live streaming event when I break out the shovels.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Everytime I go shopping I always keep a mental note of prices and availability of items. Remeber when Barry got elected, you couldn't find ammunition anywhere, massive back orders, and what you could find had the price hiked.

No matter what you personally believe will or will not happen on that date there are a lot of others who will react to it as we get closer. I for see price hikes and shortages on things like MREs, ammo, water filters, etc.

Plan accordingly gents.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I am a direct descendant of survivors of the Spanish Inquisition, the Black Plague and the Salem Witch Trials. Additionally, I have personally survived the Gulf War (Part One), several years on patrol in and near the Fifth Ward of Houston, TX, Y2K, two planetary alignment events, the Swine Flu and the Avian Flu, not to mention two divorces... While I may not be invincible I am from good stock and I am very resilent.
    I'm preparing and waiting to watch and see what happens and react accordingly. I also possess a unique moral flexibility that I feel will enable me to effectively eliminate the Zombie horde that may threaten my safety.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast