I recently got my 2nd AR, a really incredible LMT that I LOVE! It goes great with the Daniel Defense I already had - so thats 2 really good quality ARs and I've got a small assortment of spare parts that will work with either.

Lately I've been thinking - should I buy another AR? Maybe 2 more? 3 more? I have a small group of friends/family that I think would definitely show up at my house if the SHTF, and they'd be welcome for sure. But I know they won't have any firearms coming with them...

Do any of you have 2-3 "cheaper" ARs that you bought primarily for other people to use? And if so, what brand rifles are they?

I know I want to stick with ARs since I have tons of magazines, ammo, and parts that will work with all makes of AR. Im thinking getting a "cheaper" brand would be good since it won't get much daily use, like the LMT and DD do, but will be available should the need arise.

And what brands would be good for this? A cheap S&W M&P15? Maybe an RRA, Bushmaster, or Olympic Arms?

Is it worth spending ~$800 on one of those rifles, or just save up and get a ~$1200 Colt? Two $1200 Colts would take the place of THREE RRAs or Bushmasters...

Thoughts?