Thread: AFG what is PTS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AFG what is PTS

I bought 2 AFG 1's on ebay and didn't realize/ didn't read that they were PTS. They are marked for training only, does it make a difference?
    Are the "real" ones better.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    IIRC, PTS is for airsoft.

I wouldn't use it on real firearms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ffusaf23 View Post
    IIRC, PTS is for airsoft.

I wouldn't use it on real firearms.
    Absolutely right, to the best of my knowledge PTS was developed for airsoft use in foreign countries where genuine Magpul parts are difficult to export, I highly recommend against using them on real firearms, sorry you kinda wasted your money.

Feedback Score
    Honestly not to step on toes A afg from pts magpul will work fine I wouldn't use handgaurds stock rvg but afg is a stout design and even the pts seems like its a frn of sorts.Put it on use it unless the handgaurd gets HOTor its a duty rifle JIC.I wish the pts stuff wasn't as easy to confuse.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by US Rifle, Cal. .30, M1 View Post
    Honestly not to step on toes A afg from pts magpul will work fine I wouldn't use handgaurds stock rvg but afg is a stout design and even the pts seems like its a frn of sorts.Put it on use it unless the handgaurd gets HOTor its a duty rifle JIC.I wish the pts stuff wasn't as easy to confuse.
    I personally wouldn't use it but that's just me.i do agree that it sucks the pts stuff is harder to tell from the real magpul stuff.also I hate how eBay sellers try and pass pts stuff for real

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    PTS is the MagPul airsoft line, molded (different thermoplastic) for them by a subcontractor for Autumn Star (airsoft mfg).

Magpul's way of getting ahead of being ripped off by every two-bit chinese replica junk firm (works, sort of), but that isn't designed to handle heat or abuse like the standard firearm AFG.

I have a lot of PTS and a lot of US MagPul stuff, and the difference isn't immediately easy to tell, but after some time working with it, or trying to stipple it, the material difference is really apparent.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn't panic -- your Angled Fore Grip isn't exactly a piece that is going to absorb a lot of abuse (unlike a stock). I have heard some folks be concerned about the PTS's plastic formula being susceptible to problems given the heat of the barrel during extended shooting, but I have never seen any evidence of a PTS AFG melting, distorting, etc, because of it.

In the future, I wouldn't buy PTS stuff for use on actual firearms, but since you all ready own it, go forth and use it. If it breaks, replace it.