Thread: Heading down the retro path now

Feedback Score

Heading down the retro path now

I just traded a friend out of his Fulton retro style upper. It is a slick side style. It has a surplus Colt '70-74 era barrel and FS, with a 3 prong break. At this point I am wondering if I should just go ahead and plan on building it up as an A1 or get as close as I can to the XM16E1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not familiar with that particular upper, but It seems like a 604 might be an option in that configuration: http://pullig.dyndns.org/retroblackr...flGde/604.html

Feedback Score
    Fulton made some great retro guns and Nodak makes new retro parts for your retro needs.

Colt would be smart to jump on this as their retro guns (1911 WW1, WW2, and series 70) reproduction guns have done incredibly well in the market. The WW2 repro's are selling for just as much as real ones.

Feedback Score

Unhappy

Not one to encourage someone to get in to RBRD , but have really liked the look of that upper setup with the (early) partial fence Nodak lower (probably because I don't have one of those builds, yet). With some modifications to the upper you could build a 601....

601 work in progress. Green looks blotchy in pic because I had oil on my hands from another rifle that I was working on prior to shooting this build. Made it look shinner in places,but actually look alot better in person.
    Still needed:
    duckbill to replace 3prong-and add gernade ring
    Young manuf slick side BCG
    Nodak waffle mag
    601 mods to upper, then refinish
    Replace rear sight wheel with heatnbeat 601
    Replace ejection port door with early door
    Last edited by LonghunterCO; 02-23-12 at 10:04. Reason: add picture