I have an 870 Express that I have upgraded with Vang Safety, SF Forend, Single Point Sling, 4 shot side saddle, Youth Stock, Vang SS follower, Vang 2 shot Mag extension, with an 18" IC Rifle Sighted barrel. (I don't like Ghost Rings after several years of trying to love them, so that is not an option. I'm as fast and more accurate with the rifle sights. Head shots in 3 seconds with slugs are not a problem.)

As far as things like the Vang Comp Porting and Back bore...been there and done that, but with the new Federal Flite Control Wads, I don't need it for tighter patterns. The Flite Control loads pattern 5" at 20 yds. which is as good as my Vang Comp Mod did. As far as recoil control...this has not been a problem for me and the "Limb Saver" recoil pad from Remington does a great job (I mean GREAT JOB) at absorbing recoil.

So, the only thing that I can think of to bring this 870 up to par as a SD piece that will get used in training is the Police/ Wingmaster trigger group that has a steel housing, and upgraded/ heavier sear and hammer spring. I can get it for $100 from Brownells and just drop it in.

What do you guys think?