Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Best .22cal conversion kit for the AR15/M4"???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My first generation (2008) CMMG conversion has over 5,000 rounds thru it with not one hiccup using Federal #750 bulk pack from Wally World.

Feedback Score
    If you want to practice some OTB malfunctions try shooting Remington bulk packs, at least one magazine with my cmmg. Federal runs great as do any 50 round boxes

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a CMMG evo that will not work in my LMT CQB MRP upper. It worked with my Adams Arms upper but not the LMT. The Adams Arms upper had some upper/receiver play(like most AR platforms do) and my LMT has none. This is the only reason I can figure it won't work. Fits fine but as soon as you close it up the kit bolt can't be charged... The CMMG evo is nice though. SS is so easy to clean after an outing. Wish I could have gotten more than 100 rounds through mine..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The piston is probably too long. CMMG states the Evolution will work with a piston upper with these conditions:
    "Note: Compatible with any 5.56 NATO chambered AR15, including Gas Piston Systems where the piston enters the receiver no more than 1 and 7/8 inch . Only for use in 5.56 NATO chambered AR-15 rifles."

Remove the piston when using the conversion. It should work fine.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
    I have a CMMG evo that will not work in my LMT CQB MRP upper. It worked with my Adams Arms upper but not the LMT. The Adams Arms upper had some upper/receiver play(like most AR platforms do) and my LMT has none. This is the only reason I can figure it won't work. Fits fine but as soon as you close it up the kit bolt can't be charged... The CMMG evo is nice though. SS is so easy to clean after an outing. Wish I could have gotten more than 100 rounds through mine..
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    The piston is probably too long. CMMG states the Evolution will work with a piston upper with these conditions:
    "Note: Compatible with any 5.56 NATO chambered AR15, including Gas Piston Systems where the piston enters the receiver no more than 1 and 7/8 inch . Only for use in 5.56 NATO chambered AR-15 rifles."

Remove the piston when using the conversion. It should work fine.
    Dave
    I tried that. No luck. I can cycle the kit when it is fully installed in the upper but as soon as I close it up it freezes up. I emailed a tech a cmmg and he said the tolerances at probably to tight.. Go figure...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an old CMMG conversion in stainless with about 2k of Federal bulk pack fed via Black Dog mags that is still going great......

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a Ciener .22 conversion in a dedicated .22 upper. It required a LOT of polishing and tuning to get working reliably, along with a Lakewood spring cut to length. There were a couple of times I wanted to scrap the project. It works great in semi and full auto now (in my RR M16), but it was definitely aggravating.

The guys I know with the CMMG kit haven't had the issues I have. If I were to do another one, I'd get the CMMG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    I have Searched and I can't find the. "Best .22cal conversion kit for the AR15/M4" Please can other members help this poor man out?
    Are you getting a .22cal conversion kit for your sidearm as well?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbynate View Post
    I tried that. No luck. I can cycle the kit when it is fully installed in the upper but as soon as I close it up it freezes up. I emailed a tech a cmmg and he said the tolerances at probably to tight.. Go figure...
    Without seeing it, it sounds like the rails are binding in the upper receiver. Is it tight or rubbing in the receiver when you install it?
    Last edited by shadow65; 12-23-11 at 09:16.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    Without seeing it, it sounds like the rails are bindind in the upper receiver. Is it tight or rubbing in the receiver when you install it?
    Winner!!! I bet you are right. It is not tight when I install it but I bet it gets tight when I close it up. Now that I have a clue i am going to see if there is anything I can do about it..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast