Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Best .22cal conversion kit for the AR15/M4"???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Look for wear marks inside the receiver.
    Just use a flat bench sander or something to get a flat "grind" and take a little off the sides of the rails.
    Dave N
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    Yep, I had the same issue with my Ceiner I had to take quite a bit off of the 22 bolt assembly. After I did that and lubed the shit out of it no issues. Remember to keep a lot of lube on her and shoot quality 22 and you should have no issues
    Last edited by black op; 12-29-11 at 11:12.
    Stay Safe

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I went with the CMMG dedicate .22 upper. I've only had one trip to the range where I shot a few hundred rounds through. Worked great. The weight and feel are right on.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-16-12 at 14:59.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I bought a CMMG 22 stainless steel conversion kit for my M&P Sport and it was delivered on Tuesday. I finally got to hit the range this evening and try it out. It is great, worked without any problems except for one mag. The mag that came with the conversion is gray and the two extra mags I bought are black (add said they are made by CMMG).

On the back of each of the black mags there is a small 1/4 long plastic bump on each side of the spine. The gray mag doesn't have these bumps and the dimensions are the same for both style mags. The gray mag holds the bolt open after the last round and the two black mags didn't until I ground off the bumps.

I only did one black mag to start with, didn't want to screw up two mags if my theory was wrong! (Who, me wrong, neveeeeeeeer!) The black mag with the bump still on it jammed in the mag well of the rifle. I had to open the rifle and give the front edge of the mag a couple of good whacks with a screw driver handle to dislodge it. The other black mag without the bump worked just fine. So when I got home tonight I got the dreaded Dremel out and ground off the two bumps on the last black mag. Works just fine in the rifle now.

I was shooting CCI MINI MAGS and they shot very well at 25 yrds. I also had some Winchester Wildcat ammo that was the pits. It didn't shoot groups as much as a shotgun pattern.

Here are the last two groups I shot with the CCI ammo. These were shot standing with support under the hand guard. I am very pleased with the conversion and it was a cost effective way to do more shooting at less cost. I can't afford a dedicated upper at this time so the conversion was my only option. While not a tack driver, it's just fine for paper punching or plicking. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by gunfighter48; 01-20-12 at 01:13.
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!
    gunfighter48
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    i was thinking about one of the cmmg do you guys get alot of leading in your barrel

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I shoot 300-5-- rounds of .22. Pull the BCG, run a Boresnake while the barrel is warm.
    Shoot 3-5 rounds of 5.56.
    Clean properly when I get home.
    Dave N

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Primary Arms has this one on Sale this weekend. Anyone have any comments on it. I want stainless one but for the price I thought I'd give it a try. It is the blued one with one mag.

https://www.primaryarms.com/CMMG_Dro...mg22lrconv.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyhawk View Post
    Primary Arms has this one on Sale this weekend. Anyone have any comments on it. I want stainless one but for the price I thought I'd give it a try. It is the blued one with one mag.

https://www.primaryarms.com/CMMG_Dro...mg22lrconv.htm
    It should work. It is the Gen 1 discontinued kit. Doesn't have the features of the Evolution like live round extraction for one. It may or may not be as reliable.
    The stainless is stronger, smoother, easier to clean and stays clean longer.
    Dave N

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The "bumps" on the rear rib of the mags are there to be trimmed for fit in your mag well.
    I trim mine to where the mags just barely do not drop free.
    Dave N

Feedback Score
    What kind of license/permit does one need to be able to legally purchase a Ciener/CMMG or whatever .22LR conversion kit and have it shipped to Maryland? I'm just interested in getting the conversion kit. TIA.
    Last edited by bombim; 06-11-12 at 05:07.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast