Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chef Alton Brown's FN SCAR 17(?)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe that he is a physicist too. You gotta be a gun guy if you're a physicist. The best classical physics instruction tool ever devised.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well, I'll be damned.
    Between this, and the Chairman being a freakin' samurai/ninja I may have to re-evaluate my opinion of the food network....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    Or is it every gun guy is into watches too?! Ehh!
    Seems that way where I am. I focused on that before I ever got a good look at the rifle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m03 View Post
    Seems that way where I am. I focused on that before I ever got a good look at the rifle.
    I'm somewhat of a watch guy, but can't make out his timepiece...

What is it?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's a Breitling. Either an Airwolf, Aerospace, or B-1

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    From Wiki:
    Early life

Brown was born in Los Angeles, California, United States. He was in the Boy Scouts.[3] He received a degree in drama from the University of Georgia. He began his career in cinematography and film production.
    In the late 1980s and early 1990s, he was the cinematographer for several music videos, including The One I Love by R.E.M.. [4]
    [edit]Career

Brown notes that he was dissatisfied with the quality of cooking shows airing on American television, so he set out to produce his own show. In preparation, he enrolled in the New England Culinary Institute, graduating in 1997.[5][6] Brown says that he was a poor science student in high school and college, but he focused on the subject to understand the underlying processes of cooking.
    Brown was a contributor to the 2005 cookbook Food Network Favorites: Recipes from Our All-Star Chefs. He selected the nonprofit world hunger organization Heifer International to receive a portion of the royalties.
    Commercials
    Brown has done commercial work for General Electric (GE) products,[10] including five infomercials touting the benefits of GE refrigerators, washers and dryers, water purifiers, Trivection ovens, and dishwashers.[11] The infomercials are produced in the Good Eats style, employing the use of unusual camera angles, informational text, props, visual aids, scientific explanations, and the same method of delivery. These informercials are distributed to wholesale distributors of appliances/plumbing devices.
    Brown has also aided GE in developing a new type of oven. He was initially called by GE to help their engineers learn more about the effects of heat on food;[12] that grew into an active cooperation to develop GE's Trivection oven.[13]
    Brown has also done promotion for Dannon yogurt, Welch's grape juice, Shun knives, and most recently for Heifer International.
    In 2010, he endorsed salt use in a campaign for Cargill.[14]
    [edit]Personal life

Brown lives in Marietta, Georgia, with his wife DeAnna, his daughter Zoey (born in 1999), two Cardigan corgis, and a green iguana named Spike, although he claims to have disposed of a nasty lizard in a Good Eats episode.[15] A few members of his extended family have appeared on Good Eats (such as his late grandmother, Ma Mae, his mother, and daughter, Zoey, who is known on the show as "Alton's Spawn"), but most of his "family" portrayed on the series is made up of actors and the show's production crew.[16][17][18][19] DeAnna Brown is the co-executive producer of Good Eats but only appears on the tenth anniversary episode along with Zoey. Brown also portrays his frequently arrested evil twin brother "B.A." On the DVD release of the episode "American Pickle", Brown notes that many viewers ask him what his brother does for a living, suggesting that they are unaware that B.A. is simply the result of clever editing.
    Brown is a motorcycling enthusiast, owning a BMW R1150RT.[13] Brown is a pilot, and was featured in the aviation magazine AOPA Flight Training.[20] He completed his first solo flight on June 25, 2007, and earned his private pilot certificate on June 5, 2008. He owns two planes, a Cessna 206 and a Cessna 414.[21]
    Brown has at least two tattoos, a honeybee on his left shoulder (shown on Iron Chef America), and a skull with a crossed knife and fork with the inscription "MMVII" (Roman numerals for the year 2007) that he got during the filming of Feasting on Asphalt.
    Brown changed his eating habits in 2009 in order to lose weight and become healthier, losing 50 pounds (23 kg) over the course of nine months. He announced his weight loss and described the details of eating from the four basic lists without going on a typical diet on the January 4, 2010 episode "Live and Let Diet" of Good Eats.[22] His first list, which he eats from daily, includes fruits, whole grains, leafy greens, nuts, carrots, and green tea. His second list, which he eats from at least three times per week, includes oily fish, yogurt, broccoli, sweet potato, and avocado. His third list, which he eats from no more than once per week, includes red meat, pasta, dessert, and alcohol. His fourth list includes foods he avoids: fast food, soda, processed meals (such as TV dinners), canned soups (salt), and anything labeled "diet," because "this was not a diet."
    Brown is a Christian. Brown says, "I'm not a spooky snake handler because I live in Georgia and I'm Christian, that I believe in the Bible, that I travel with the Bible, that I read the Bible everyday. I'm still me. I'm still a guy doing a job. I find, actually, that people ask me a lot about it. I don't hit people over the head with the Bible ... I still feel a funny little tinge in my stomach when I'm out to dinner with my wife and daughter in New York. We'll go to dinner and we'll be sitting around the table and we'll say Grace. You know what? People are going to stare at you. I used to feel really self-conscious. But I've gotten to a point where I think, nah, I'm not going to feel bad about that. I'm not going to apologize about that." [23]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234