Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blackhawk Battle Bag = drug bag?

Feedback Score

Blackhawk Battle Bag = drug bag?

I have a coyote brown Blackhawk Battlebag that I use for tools when I'm working. A friend saw it and said that if he didn't know better, they'd have sworn I had drugs in it. Another guy chimed in, "Oh yeah, total stash bag. All the way."

Is there something I'm missing here? I've never known this stereotype to be the case. I certainly don't want to be attracting any of THAT kind of attention, either from lowlifes or from LEOs.

It's similar to the below. A brown bag with a map flap and buckle. I never thought it was seen as anything but quasi-military to casual observers. Has anyone else encountered this?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think your friend is either messing with you, or suspicious of you...hopefully it's the former.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ffusaf23 View Post
    I think your friend is either messing with you, or suspicious of you...hopefully it's the former.
    I considered that, of course but I can tell when they're teasing me. It was more like a passing comment. I just wanted to check with the experts to be sure.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Definitely messing around with you, or he heard something from somewhere that is not true.

I do a lot of narc work primarily and I pretty much never see any type "cool" or "tactical" bag used for transport. Maybe once in a while some mil guy who also tokes has a few bags in his army bag but nothing like this.

Most of the stuff is in a standard "hipster" bag or a really cheap backpack.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was hoping for a thread on how the bag might work as an EMS drug bag, not a doper bag. In your situation, don't worry about it.

The only bags that truly scream "dope" are the purple Crown Royal bags. They contain either 1) Crown Royal, 2) dope, or when carried by women 3) dollar bills from their last shift at the strip club. (Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I found Crown Royal in a Crown Royal bag.)
    Last edited by ST911; 12-18-11 at 23:02.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The only bags that truly scream "dope" are the purple Crown Royal bags. They contain either 1) Crown Royal, 2) dope, or when carried by women 3) dollar bills from their last shift at the strip club. (Come to think of it, I don't remember the last time I found Crown Royal in a Crown Royal bag.)
    Damn you beat me to it. When we run search warrants it's a game to see who finds the Crown Royal bag first. It's always good for something.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I was hoping for a thread on how the bag might work as an EMS drug bag, not a doper bag. In your situation, don't worry about it.

Dude, my Sordin earpro reside in a protective Crown bag in my shooting box. Several of my non defensive handguns are protected from safe rash by dropping them in a Crown bag. Same for my Nikon camera. Sometimes, I'll even have loose rounds or other gear in a Crown bag at the range. Hell, my mom has even made a quilt out of Crown bags!

They're not just for boozers & dopers ya know!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Dude, my Sordin earpro reside in a protective Crown bag in my shooting box. Several of my non defensive handguns are protected from safe rash by dropping them in a Crown bag. Same for my Nikon camera. Sometimes, I'll even have loose rounds or other gear in a Crown bag at the range. Hell, my mom has even made a quilt out of Crown bags!

They're not just for boozers & dopers ya know!
    I keep a bunch of condoms in 'em. And lube.

Works well. If my lube (Astroglide) busts open, the bag doesn't leak.

It's awesome.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Nah, I wouldn't sweat it OP. I'm a warrant service guy and used to be a juvenile detective and I've never heard of such a thing.

I carry one in black for an EDC bag that has an IFAK, zip ties, multi tool, tape, meds, pens, notepad, extra batteries, 2 spare GLOCK mags, spare flashlight, hand sanitizer, phone charger, small lotion and chapstick for the winter, emergency blanket, emergency poncho, saline, spare contacts, N95 mask and some 550 cord. I'll throw my TASER, radio and a set of cuffs in it if I'm plainclothes-ing it for the day (about 50% of the time.) I've also thrown a spare diaper and wipes in it for a trip to the mall or other busy venue with mini-me.

It's just big enough to hold a book, magazine or an iPad or other tablet that are so prevalent these days. Bags are being slim-lined and downsized since people are starting to use tablets instead of laptops. If anybody asks or assumes, it's a camera bag.

ETA: I agree and concur on many versatile uses of the Crown Royal bag.
    Last edited by Boy Scout; 12-19-11 at 07:51.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    When I was 19 and a bellman at a holiday inn I kept all my tips in a crown royal bag on the vans gear selector, boy was I cool. I saw a guy at the range yesterday with the CR bag as a "bag O' random bullets". The bag here in question looks very discrete. Which is a good thing. Being from Texas I've seen plenty of reports on where drugs are hidden. Just tell your buddies "wow that quarter panel of your car sure looks like it would hold a lot of yayo."
    Full-time LEO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast