Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk j-frame holsters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Let's talk j-frame holsters.

I'm currently using a desantis nemesis pocket holster. I'm curious about some appendix and IWB options...

what are yall using? tuckable would be cool.....

Feedback Score
    For IWB, I like the Galco VHawk. For OWB, the Raven Concealment phantom is still my favorite. I have a raven pocket holster on order.

I have a few other pocket holsters, leather belt holsters, comp-tac CTAC and a smart carry. I had an ankle holster and I let someone borrow it years ago.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am interested in this topic as well. I currently use a Don Hume IWB leather holster, one with a single metal clip. It tends to shift cant throughout the day which pisses me off. I would like something with neutral cant for AIWB carry, but with leather loops that would securely snap around my belt. Any thoughts? I would rather keep it under $60 if possible.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This holster is a Galco Stryker:

While it is ok for concealment in winter I'm looking at getting a Galco Concealable. I'm not a fan of pocket carry.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I use a Comp-Tac CTAC. It is high quality, comfortable, with lots of options for adjustment. It is also tuckable, although I haven't used it that way. It is probably overkill for a j-frame, but I still hardly notice it's there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For AIWB I use a Chicago Rocker-Crossdraw from Bell Charter Oak Holsters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    For AIWB I use a Chicago Rocker-Crossdraw from Bell Charter Oak Holsters.
    do you find any issue with this rotating due to the single clip? I used to carry a g26 in a mr softy, and while it was comfortable i always had to sweep in from behind on draw to ensure the gun rotated forward enough to grip.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    do you find any issue with this rotating due to the single clip? I used to carry a g26 in a mr softy, and while it was comfortable i always had to sweep in from behind on draw to ensure the gun rotated forward enough to grip.
    None. The spring steel clip BCO uses is stout and has a metal tooth to prevent premature removal. Rig works with belted jeans, adidas pants and sweats.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just checked out BCO's website again, been a few years. He used to have more options for his holsters. My Chicago Rocker is set up as a crossdraw with muzzle forward cant. It is also in a natural finish with the rough side out. All I can suggest is to call Lefty Lewis and ask him if he can make what you want. Worst he can say NO.

Best pic I have.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    None. The spring steel clip BCO uses is stout and has a metal tooth to prevent premature removal. Rig works with belted jeans, adidas pants and sweats.
    hmm cool. It may have been more of an issue with the G26 as it's quite a bit more grip heavy than a j-frame... 10 rounds of 9mm stuffed in there and all. Nothing more convenient to put on than a single steel clip.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast