Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk j-frame holsters.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For IWB carry I use the cheapo Uncle Mikes neoprene holster with the belt clip or a roughed out Bullman TSAC IWB holster that I picked up off of a forum with the Alessi Talon clip. The Bullman is more rock solid and stays put, but he's not taking any holster orders at all. I carry both in AIWB, but honestly my j-frames see more pocket and ankle carry. Alessi ankle rig or Alessi, Galco, Desantis pocket holsters work out good for me, had to do a little pocket holster experimentation at first.
    A good option you may want to look at is the Desbiens #6 for wheel gun AIWB http://www.desbiensgunleather.com/iwb-holsters/
    Rhome Desbiens makes good leather, a little wait, but you may get lucky find one at a dealer, he can probably tell you who stocks his stuff. Also look at the Alessi Talon series with a talon clip, I think they stock those for j-frames, so you probably wouldn't have a wait there.

Hizzie- What is the G-10/Micarta object next to your wheel gun and under the knife in the pic? A pen/stylus/kubaton? Thanks
    Last edited by SmokeJumper; 12-20-11 at 12:37. Reason: added info.
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post

Hizzie- What is the G-10/Micarta object next to your wheel gun and under the knife in the pic? A pen/stylus/kubaton? Thanks
    It is a Poltergeist Works "Coobothan" made by Jakub Wieczorkiewicz of Poland. It was $75 + 10 shipping when I purchased it some time ago. http://www.poltergeistworks.pl/ It is G-10 and a fun little tool.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I'm looking at getting a Galco Concealable.
    I love mine, its really the only thing my 642 ever rides in. I have a Desanti's Nemesis, but I tend to wear tighter pants(non cargo) and it just prints to much for me to be comfortable. This summer though when I switch back to cargo shorts I will most likely start pocket carrying the 642 a whole lot more.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    It is a Poltergeist Works "Coobothan" made by Jakub Wieczorkiewicz of Poland. It was $75 + 10 shipping when I purchased it some time ago. http://www.poltergeistworks.pl/ It is G-10 and a fun little tool.
    Cool, thanks
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I scoured the web for J-frame holsters for a couple hours yesterday and I think I found something that will work. In my initial post in this thread, I said I wanted something with a leather loop snapped around the belt. Then I re-assessed the ease of putting on my metal clip holster, and the clip's thinner profile as compared to a leather loop, and I began looking at models that had a clip instead of a loop. I found one from Side Guard Holsters. The clip is high on the holster so the majority of the bulk of the gun will be below the belt, and it is a tuckable holster to boot. Also, you can choose your desired cant when ordering. Another thing I like about this maker is that they ask your belt width when ordering. This makes me think that they have different sized metal clips for different belts, which is probably important because a 1.75" clip will have more room to rotate on a 1.5" belt. The price is right too.
    http://sideguardholsters.com/holsters/TuckClip.htm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    I scoured the web for J-frame holsters for a couple hours yesterday and I think I found something that will work. In my initial post in this thread, I said I wanted something with a leather loop snapped around the belt. Then I re-assessed the ease of putting on my metal clip holster, and the clip's thinner profile as compared to a leather loop, and I began looking at models that had a clip instead of a loop. I found one from Side Guard Holsters. The clip is high on the holster so the majority of the bulk of the gun will be below the belt, and it is a tuckable holster to boot. Also, you can choose your desired cant when ordering. Another thing I like about this maker is that they ask your belt width when ordering. This makes me think that they have different sized metal clips for different belts, which is probably important because a 1.75" clip will have more room to rotate on a 1.5" belt. The price is right too.
    hmm we may have a winner here. i like that.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Look at the clip. Doesn't look like it can "bite" clothing, belt only. FIST holsters uses that same clip as BCO. Take a look at their stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    Looks nice. I too have started looking around for a J frame IWB holster. I want something simple, one metal clip (probably) and can tuck if I decide to. I'd be interested to hear feedback on this one if someone decides to get it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok, so since we're giving/asking for j-frame holster experiences/preferences, anybody have experience with the Kramer pocket holster for a J-frame?
    http://www.kramerleather.com/product...&categoryID=28
    It looks like a smaller profile than most, supposed to have a flat side that faces out, different design. An opportunity to purchase one has come about and curious what users have to say.
    MOLON LABE

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just placed my order with Side Guard Holsters. The man's name is Erik, and he seems to do whatever is necessary to build a holster that fits the customer's needs. I ordered the Tuck Clip, the one in the link I posted, but with a twist. We talked about the metal clip he uses, which by nature must be 1/4" over sized so that it can be attached to the belt without un-threading. He recommended a different idea when I said I want an exact fit to my belt. He said he could replace the clip with a stitched shut leather loop for the belt to go through (stitched above and below the belt, like loops commonly found on knife sheaths). This would require me to un-thread my belt, but since I wear my J-frame at 1 o'clock, its not a big deal because it would only mean taking my belt out of 1 loop at most. This method of attachment is supposed to provide a much slimmer profile than a leather loop with a snap, and will provide an exact fit to my belt so that it will be tight and not shift around. Lead time is 8-9 weeks for my order, but it will be worth the wait I think. I will post up when it arrives.
    Last edited by mhanna91; 12-30-11 at 09:42.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast