Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Let's talk j-frame holsters.

Feedback Score
    Thanks I'll check them out since I'm forced to carry this way as much as twice per week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Feedback Score
    I have Glocks (17, 19, 26 and 34), and an M&P Shield, but I find myself carrying the J-Frame most often because of comfort and ease of concealability. My work is such that most frequently my attire is most amenable to appendix or pocket carry, and I feel most comfortable with a revolver for appendix carry. I run Hornady Critical Defense 110 grain, and I can easily put rounds quickly on target, center of mass, using DA at 7-10 yards. Using SA, one ragged hole at 7 yards. Yes, I'd rather have my G17 at all times, but the venerable J-Frame is venerable for a reason and is quite capable. Just wish it held more rounds! I keep a speed load in my left pocket.

Ritchie Leather Stinger. My go-to IWB appendix carry when I don't need to tuck or with a sweater.

Mitch Rosen Express. My go-to OWB at 3:30. Rides tight and perfect cant. Bought from Crimson Trace.

Simply Rugged Silver Dollar. My go-to OWB at 3:30 when its against bare skin, because the leather comes up as a sweat guard.

Two pocket carry options, Mika and Delfatti, depending on the pocket. In general, I like the Mika better, but the Delfatti lays flatter.

Quote Originally Posted by cunroe View Post
    442 in an older Alessi APX picked-up prior to Lou's passing. Showing some signs of wear but it has been durable, comfortable and I intend to use it well into the future.

This is nearly identical to the Ritchie Leather Stinger, shown above. It's a great holster, and I like that the leather comes up as a sweat guard. Skip Ritchie worked and was close friends with Lou Alessi for a number of years.

Inspired, I am having one of these made for a tuckable IWB appendix carry!

Quote Originally Posted by mhanna91 View Post
    Okay. As promised, here is my initial review of the Side Guard "tuck-snap". ...

Last edited by lifebreath; 02-18-14 at 10:13.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I dont personally own own one however veil solutions makes a pretty snazzy AIWB kydex jframe holster

Galco ankle glove hands down for ankle carry nothing beats it. I've tried a dozen ankle holsters of all different costs and materials and this one is it. I've worn it for 16 hours plus on multiple occasions and almost forgot it was there because it is so comfortable.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went broke buying cheap holsters including j frame models. I found that when pocket carrying, I had difficulty drawing the weapon due to big hands and small pockets and that driving made the revolver unaccessible. The experts tell us that a good belt is very important but sometimes fail to point out that choosing pants that will accommodate the selected holster is part of the secret. I have a cheap holster and ill fitting pants. Damn it.

The .380s and snub nose 5 shot revolvers--which I love and use--provide us a measure of security. But, I don't fool myself into thinking that I'm well armed as I would be with a Glock 19 or HK p2000. Where I'm going determines what I carry unless I get lazy and opt for a pea shooter. Too often I get lazy.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedXd View Post
    And for ankle carry, what's recommend these days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Galco Ankle Glove is a good holster.
    Last edited by T2C; 04-21-14 at 22:00.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The Galco Ankle Glove is a good holster.
    ^^This... Wihtout a doubt the best ankle holster I've ever had and I've wasted a ton of money on a bunch of inferior ones

Feedback Score

Bianchi Model 100 "Professional"
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 05-21-15 at 20:56.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678