Thread: Suppressed SBR?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Suppressed SBR?

I'd like to build a Suppressed SBR. My question is whether a $200 Tax Stamp is required for both the Suppressor AND the SBR?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Heck yes it is.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a 10.5" 300 whisper upper with a AAC 762SD can and the total package is only about an inch longer than my 16" upper. It is sweet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    I'd like to build a Suppressed SBR. My question is whether a $200 Tax Stamp is required for both the Suppressor AND the SBR?

Affirm. A $200 tax stamp is required for each can, SBR, MG, etc. You can, however, swap one can that you own from rifle to rifle w/out a subsequent tax stamp. You want another can, then you must pay another $200. It gets expensive, but that's the way it is unfortunately.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The only way you could avoid the dual $200 tax is to have the suppressor permanently attached to the upper, making it over 16" long from the bolt face to the end of the can, when the bolt is closed.

That's not a very attractive option for most people, but is possible.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nah...perm attachment is not an attractive option. I'll just have to save up my pennies