Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR Vickers Tactical Home Defense / US Training Center (Moyock, NC) Nov 4-6th 2011

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What?!

You can't train at USTC with LAV and not go to the Cracker Barrel... everytime you do, God kills a kitten.

It should just start going on the course announcements.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You know, they have a large selection.

I usually get the double-meat Breakfast. It is a safe choice.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Titleist,

“Holmes, you’re gonna really hate life when we get into the house with that fiber optic front sight…”

Can you expand why the fiber optic front sight was not a good choice with examples from the shoothouse under various light conditions?

My G19 has a black read DP sight and front is DP FO.

Thanks,

MFP

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Because even subconsciously night sights give you general alignment of the sights under low-light, no light. And the fiber front sight, especially on a pistol without a weapon light can be VERY slow to align your shot.

My FLX is a game gun, for a home defense gun I usually use my M&P 9c or my SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post
    What?!

You can't train at USTC with LAV and not go to the Cracker Barrel... everytime you do, God kills a kitten.

It should just start going on the course announcements.
    Sorry...sorry...I didn't mean to kick anyones' dog or somethin'. I'll make my stomach harden the f*ck up.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Thumbs up

Titleist,

Thanks for the great pics and detailed AAR. This class looked awesome!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Because even subconsciously night sights give you general alignment of the sights under low-light, no light. And the fiber front sight, especially on a pistol without a weapon light can be VERY slow to align your shot.

My FLX is a game gun, for a home defense gun I usually use my M&P 9c or my SBR.

Sorry...sorry...I didn't mean to kick anyones' dog or somethin'. I'll make my stomach harden the f*ck up.

I'd also add that LAV has indicated in past classes that fiber optic sights are fragile. We had a few break in several of LAV's handgun classes.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Atta' boy!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Heading to CB tonight. May have to have breakfast for dinner.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Once you start going through a tight hallway you quickly realize that one of the best weapons is still your handgun, purely for the maneuverability it provides. Given that the next best thing is a short barreled rifle with a good Red Dot Optic…again that being an Aimpoint. Even at 11.5 inches, plus a suppressor, that setup starts feeling huge as hell in a hallway that’s 4-5’ wide.
    QFT

I did a run or two with my 14.5" barreled carbine and it was just as unwieldy as the 16" I tried using in similar situations before. Once I switched to my handgun I immediately felt more comfortable and better able to handle the various angles without flagging myself.

If my form had come back for my MP5, it'd be a different story. Next time, perhaps.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    QFT

I did a run or two with my 14.5" barreled carbine and it was just as unwieldy as the 16" I tried using in similar situations before. Once I switched to my handgun I immediately felt more comfortable and better able to handle the various angles without flagging myself.

If my form had come back for my MP5, it'd be a different story. Next time, perhaps.
    I was thinking a 10.5 inch piston upper with a lightweight can would be a good tool to have. Next year, maybe.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast