Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bolt gun gunsmith inquiry

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll take it into consideration but it seems like each rifle smith has his own preference of parts to use. You ask 4 different people you get 4 different setups. I'm no expert but I think my choices are ok for the most part.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    GA precision
    APA
    Tactical operations
    Black ops precision

Most smiths will work on supplied parts
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJoe View Post
    GA precision
    APA
    Tactical operations
    Black ops precision

Most smiths will work on supplied parts
    Has GA started working on customer supplied parts again? They quit for a while.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    yeah they will still work on parts you send in
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've been in contact with Accurate Ordnance. Their quoted turnaround time is nice. I'm waiting to hear back from SAC and GAP.
    I've also been trying to read up on Roberts Precision as well. I don't mind supporting the local guy but need more info on his builds, accuracy, etc.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I'd be very interested in what you discover about Roberts Precision. I would not mind giving him some work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kampfield custom too

Feedback Score

Questions

Guys,

If you have questions all you have to do is call, or come to the shop. I will show and tell you around the place. It is a very no nonsense approach: Take good components, add great machinery, knowledge, fantastic indication equipment, and patience; you will get a rifle that looks and shoots great. 281-651-5593. I don't post often, but if you need answers the only way to get them is to ask the questions. You can look at our Facebook page, there are a lot of pictures on there.

Aaron Roberts / Roberts Precision Rifles
    Last edited by arob; 12-27-11 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I just had the pleasure of chatting with Mr. Roberts on the phone. Very thoughtful and helpful, he had a lot of good advice regarding my precision bolt gun plans.

He's also someone that puts his money where his mouth is. Here's a photo of the rifle he created to benefit Marcus Lutrell's Lone Survivor Foundation.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Mr. Roberts, please accept my thanks for your time and advice today, and bless you for your work to help your fellow veterans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm in Houston and fortunately enough RP Rifles is also in the Houston area (Spring). Thanks sadmin for turning me on to his outfit. I knew who Aaron Roberts was but had no earthly idea he was involved in rifle work. It was natural of me to inquire about it.
    I paid him a visit today at the shop and got a tour/run down of his operation and how he built rifles. The shop was equipped, clean, and well kept. Obviously that alone doesn't make a quality smith. His work and attention to detail did all the talking.
    His no BS approach to everything was a nice touch. He did not try to sell me anything or bad mouth other smiths at any time. I've been to places before and it was sell sell sell. "XXXX makes crap rifles." There was none of that nonsense. He left it to me to decide.
    Aaron was totally down to earth and very understanding of what I wanted in a build.
    Anyway I don't want to make this an advertisement but I just wanted to say that RP Rifles will get my hard earned bucks.

Thanks again Aaron for taking the time out to shoot the breeze with me this afternoon and sorry your late lunch got cold. You have a badass shop dog.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12