Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Midwest Industries New Lightweight M-LOK -- NOW SHIPPING!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Midwest Industries New Lightweight M-LOK -- NOW SHIPPING!

Midwest Industries M-LOK will now be available in a new lightweight version. This 12” handguard with barrel nut has a total weight of 8.1 oz. Like our MI-M-LOK this handguard has five anti rotation QD sling swivel sockets. The top has picatinny directly in front of the upper to allow for those who may need that little bit of extra room for the mounting of their optic. It also has just enough picatinny rail on the front to mount your iron sight. Between the rail sections there are 5 fully functional M-LOK Slots.
    This hand will be available in 12” and 15” versions and other lengths may follow.
    These handguards are through the T&E process and should be available in 3-4 weeks.

Thanks,
    TROY
    MI

Feedback Score
    Is the only difference between this and the other MLOK rail you are coming out with .4 ounces and the continuous rail on top is replaced with MLOK slots? If so is there really much of an advantage with this design other than slight weight savings? I am guessing there will be MLOK accessories that would work well on the top rail but would that be any better of a design than the standard rail accessories?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looks pretty cool. It also looks easy to fry a finger or two in that configuration.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I can see an advantage to this design if you plan on adding some kind of insulating covers to all sides of the rail where you would normally place your hands. It would be thinner all around. Now if only someone would come out with M-LOK covers that will help insulate your hands from the heat.
    Last edited by og556; 05-16-14 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If only...

IAW site rules, I work for Magpul Industries

This is a personal account and the opinions expressed may not reflect those of Magpul Industries

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Guru View Post
    If only...

Never happen...:-)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My only critique of this is that if you are going to have M-LOK mounting points on top of the handguard, they should be set low enough that M-LOK piccatinny rails would be flush with the rest of the top rail when installed. Otherwise, I see no point in having the M-LOK on top...

Unless, of course, there are soon going to be low-profile lights and lasers that have M-LOK mounts. With this in mind, are you hinting at something?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The purpose of M-LOK or KEYMOD is to get rid of the rail with certain accessories. Use rails only where you have to . I am sure there will be alot of parts for both systems coming fast now that there is some competition .
    TROY
    MI

Feedback Score
    I'll be buying a 15" once it's released. I've been waiting for one like this... Most of my rifles only put to use a small portion of the top rail, glad to see some more fat trimmed!

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I can see my light weight rifle getting a new hand guard. It won't break my heart to shit can my Troy rail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast