Thread: BCM Filthy 14 ??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Filthy 14 was a 16" midlength

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Filthy 14 was a 16" midlength
    Yeah... the 14.5 middy is a little more finnicky.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    I thought it was a 14.5 with the perm attached A2X? Guess I gotta re-read the article
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    The EAG Tactical carbine/upper offered by BCM has a 14.5 with a permed A2X. Filthy 14 was a 16" with a A2.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    Or you could just order something from BCM. They'll send you a new copy of the article every time.
    I was going to say the same thing.

BTW I have the 14.5 mid and I keep hearing they are "finnicky." I have never had a problem. What's the deal?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorDG View Post

BTW I have the 14.5 mid and I keep hearing they are "finnicky." I have never had a problem. What's the deal?
    They don't run well with low powered ammo or heavier buffers. They still run, but you can get some failures to lockback on an empty mag, etc.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorDG View Post

same here, what is the problem? i've taken it through a couple of classes and put alot of rounds through it. with no problems as of yet, except for the bad lever which i dumped and it runs like a champ.
    don't even try to take my weapons away from me and my peoples...

this is why i joined this forum...http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=503481
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=503240

Feedback Score
    never mind...thanks.
    don't even try to take my weapons away from me and my peoples...

this is why i joined this forum...http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=503481
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=503240

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    FYI: Talking with Pat this weekend, Filthy 14 has over 43,000 rounds on it and still shoots 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards. It will be rebuilt.
    Hell yeah, over! By 5000+ rounds....!

I was at the Gadsden Carbine 2 class, last week. #70 and #77 have 12k and about 9k on them, respectively, and they SMELL. There are other T&E guns for EAG student use, with what lot of folks would erroneously think of as a blasphemous amounts of rounds sent downrange without a single cleaning. Bear in mind, Filthy 14 just happens to be the one with the most.

There were 14 soldiers at the class I just attended. I about dropped a deuce in my shorts laughing at the exclaimations of shock and horror when Pat pulled the BCG out of #70 to show them. Looked like it had wind-drifted dunes of wet, black sand on it....
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    FYI: Talking with Pat this weekend, Filthy 14 has over 43,000 rounds on it and still shoots 1.5 inch groups at 50 yards. It will be rebuilt.
    I just want to say that is crazy. At .25cents a round that is almost $10,000 of ammo.(I'm guessing they did not shoot wolf in this gun) I wish they had taken pics when they cleaned it or when the bolt broke. I'd also love to see what an exstractor looks like after 13k rounds.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast