Thread: Ion Bond BCG

Feedback Score

Ion Bond BCG

Hello,

I've been looking at the BCM Ion Bond BCG that Denny's Guns is selling and I was wondering if anyone has tried one?

On paper it sounds like they might be a little more reliable in that you don't have to lubricate the BCG as often as you would a regular BCG. Is my thinking correct on this? I don't really care about the reduced cleaning time of the Ion Bond I just want a BCG that might be a little more reliable.

Thanks,
    James

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp710 View Post
    Hello,

I've been looking at the BCM Ion Bond BCG that Denny's Guns is selling and I was wondering if anyone has tried one?

On paper it sounds like they might be a little more reliable in that you don't have to lubricate the BCG as often as you would a regular BCG. Is my thinking correct on this? I don't really care about the reduced cleaning time of the Ion Bond I just want a BCG that might be a little more reliable.

Thanks,
    James
    I have a pistol coated in IonBond DLC and it still has to be lubed like any other gun.

For what it is worth all my BCG's have the standard finish from Colt, LMT, and CMT and I rarely clean them. The interiors are chrome lined so I just wipe them off when needed. I think there is a much greater advantage to having the bolt coated (chrome or DLC) than the carrier.

Feedback Score
    The BCM M16 bcg for $130.00 is good enough for me. just slather on the Mobil 1 and don't worry.
    WHO ME ? ---- A government big enough to
    give you everything you want, is
    strong enough to take everything
    you have.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm using one in my 12.5 Noveske. Outstanding BCG. Spendy but I thought it to be worth it compared to others I use. Still use lube like others said.
    "No you don't, sunshine"

Feedback Score
    The bolt is also coated with Denny's BCM BCG. I think he had everything coated that could be coated. MSTN sells something similar but its a Young BC I'm not sure what bolt it is. The whole thing is coated.

Tim

Feedback Score
    I sent my Colt 6920's bolt and carrier to IonBond in North Carolina and had it Tribocoated (same thing as the Diamondblack). It cost $75. Haven't shot it yet though. I did put a coat of Slip2000 on it.

Ryan Flynn is IonBond's gunsmith and handles this kind of stuff. Great guy to deal with.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-07-07 at 08:27. Reason: add info
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!