Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Haley Skimmer trigger for Glocks?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Haley Skimmer trigger for Glocks?

Just came across this tonight. Thought it might be worth a posting to see if anyone's tried any early models and what the opinions are? It's evidently something Travis Haley's involved with.

I've never been one to try to "Make a Glock into a 1911" but I do like a nice trigger.

http://shop.glocktriggers.com/The-HA...MMER-GT-13.htm
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I am curious about the included spring's weights, but aside from their "unique pre-travel reduction modification" I'm not really seeing anything to justify the price over picking up a minus connector and taking the 10-20 minutes to do the polishing and saving $125 or so.
    Last edited by t1tan; 12-21-11 at 01:33.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Yeah that's kinda the road I was going down reading it. But I wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    So they just polish Glock factory parts? I'd like to try one before I make any judgement but if that's the case then they might be asking a little much. The term "polished to a chrome finish" sounds technically inaccurate.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    So they just polish Glock factory parts? I'd like to try one before I make any judgement but if that's the case then they might be asking a little much. The term "polished to a chrome finish" sounds technically inaccurate.
    I get the sneaking suspicion this is for Travis Haley's undying legion of fans who absolutely must have exactly what he has.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    I don't see how any minus connector could ever be compared to a 1911 trigger. I like them, but the rolling break they produce is nothing like any 1911 I have ever shot. The angle on a - connector which creates the lighter pull has to reduce the crispness if the break.

This could be the best glock trigger ever but calling it 1911 like seems misleading.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    M4Guru commented on another thread about shooting a modded Glock trigger system from Glocktriggers. I can't remember where it was or which it was. I personally smooth out my triggers by shooting them. Caveat..I have not used this trigger but I do not honestly see where this trigger replacement does anything except empty your wallet. For the price of 2 of these, you can almost buy another Glock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A Glock trigger is a Glock trigger, it has it's own characteristics that that found on that trigger only. Almost every aftermarket Glock trigger manufacturer has a trigger that they state is "1911-like". It will never happen unless you take the trigger group from a 1911 and squeeze it into a Glock frame. I have 'The Edge' trigger from Glocktriggers.com in my 17 for USPSA and it's a nice trigger but it's nice trigger for a Glock and that's not a bad thing. If you want a 1911 trigger, shoot a 1911...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Another thread on this topic just below this one...

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=92880

There are some SME comments in that thread as well that may interest you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Might be ok at half that price....
    figure ~40 bucks worth of parts... another 40 for the polishing would still be steep, but worth it to some. 160? ouch.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast