Thread: Bipod/Vertical Foregrip combo

Feedback Score

Bipod/Vertical Foregrip combo

A student of mine is asking about these devices and I've never used one... I've also only seen a few come through courses and can't ever remember actually seeing one used (the mil guys here are rarely shooting out of a CQB context....).

So, anyone have experience with these devices and/or have recommendations. I think he's set on the idea (at least to try it out), so a reference to a quality device would be greatly appreciated.

( i did a search and didn't come up with anything, let me know if there's another thread to check...)

THanks,

RJP

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Rob,
    I recently acquired a Grippod and am pleased with it. They run around $150 new IIRC. I got one for around $100 on one of the for sale forums (there are some cheap copies not marked "Grippod" floating around that run about $50)

It has worked well when zeroing and doing prone shooting at range. I recently shot a rifle course with it (1500 rnds) and had no problems with the attachment point loosening up.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've not used one extensively but I have fired one rifle (a friends) with one and used one to go prone quickly. To me they're a little clumsy and I like a Harris bipod much better.

Some 3gun guys use them. I shoot mostly in 'tactical' division (per the rules I can't use a bipod). I use my magazine as a monopod and get really low and try to get my elbows both down on the ground for those long shots (up to 300yds).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I might consider putting one on a SAW or IAW.

On a M4A1 and M16A4 I experienced no increase in capability with the Grippod over using the magazine as a monopod or a fist low/under the VFG as a monopod. The Grippod felt overly bulky and clumsy and tended to catch on things.

Meh.

I would rather have a good pair of dedicated bipods or just not bother.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I agree with the sentiments about the concept in general, but I wanted to give some feedback of value if the purchase is going to be made anyway to "try it out"... I'll pass on the info.

Thanks guys.

-RJP

Feedback Score
    Not a fan ! one word comes to mind. Hookey ! (or WizzBang)
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley