Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC9

Feedback Score
    Hm. If it's shorter than an MP5, then I'd consider biting. Granted, my girlfriend loves the MKE MP5.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    This would require a locking mechanism. These guns as I understand it are blow back. The pistol caliber market are where these are at.

And dare I say reciprocating charging handle?
    The pistol caliber is blowback.
    The rifle caliber has a locking breech. It does have a reciprocating charging handle, but notice its location. It is placed such that it won't interfere with the user's support hand grip.

As for pistol vs rifle caliber, I want both.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-13-13 at 06:23.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Click on the photos to enlarge them. Notice that the charging handle location is such that its reciprocating should not be affected by the user's support hand grip.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by JoshNC; 12-13-13 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    From what I was told, the rifle caliber APC will utilize a piston but Josh may have a better understanding of its function. I could be wrong on that. The charging handle is reversible as can be seen in the photos. I have heard that the MPX is having still-unresolved issues and, though I would like one as well, Sig NH is known for screwing things up so I'm going to wait on that. I can't comment on length at the moment since importation is still in process and I've been asked not to release that info.

Leave the guns...bring the cannolis.
    Give me but one firm spot on which to stand and I will move the Earth. -Archimedes

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Man, that looks like a nice option in 5.56 if it performs well!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not sure whether it is short or long stroke piston as I've not seen any schematic renderings or stripped rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I'm not sure whether it is short or long stroke piston as I've not seen any schematic renderings or stripped rifles.
    The APC is conventional blowback shooting form an open bolt and and has a hydraulic recoil buffer and has a Sauer barrel and is using Steyr 69 type magazines. The MPX has a rotary bolt, driven from a short stroking gas system. The APC is available already (MSRP = 2980$) and has a good feedback. It shoots like any other carbine in its class but its modularity is better then the HK types or the FAMAE, but over all it's nothing really new except for it's looks.

@Oreaopla
    I'm a little bit puzzled about the "unsolved issues" the MPX should have posted above. Statments like "unsovled issues" always sound like a big deal, but are pretty worthless unless the problems are pointed out at? We tend to forget that SIGSauer is operation in an international cooperaton of gun manufacturers with lot's of experience with SMG's and gas systems. The MPX is merely a copy past desing of former designs but with an update look. So what could the "unsolved issue" really be, except from "it's new, it's not an MP5 clone, and we don't know anything about it yet"?.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    The APC is conventional blowback shooting form an open bolt and and has a hydraulic recoil buffer and has a Sauer barrel and is using Steyr 69 type magazines. The MPX has a rotary bolt, driven from a short stroking gas system. The APC is available already (MSRP = 2980$) and has a good feedback. It shoots like any other carbine in its class but its modularity is better then the HK types or the FAMAE, but over all it's nothing really new except for it's looks.
    Hey Daniel, good to see you on this forum! Yes I'm aware that the APC 9/45 are straight blowback. I was referring to the 5.56mm APC re: locked bolt/piston operation. Do you have any experience with the 5.56 model?

I was not aware of the APC 9 using a Steyr mp69 mag. Same for the mp9/tp9 I presume, as it appears the APC9 uses the same mag as the tp9?

Quote Originally Posted by OTD View Post
    @Oreaopla
    I'm a little bit puzzled about the "unsolved issues" the MPX should have posted above. Statments like "unsovled issues" always sound like a big deal, but are pretty worthless unless the problems are pointed out at? We tend to forget that SIGSauer is operation in an international cooperaton of gun manufacturers with lot's of experience with SMG's and gas systems. The MPX is merely a copy past desing of former designs but with an update look. So what could the "unsolved issue" really be, except from "it's new, it's not an MP5 clone, and we don't know anything about it yet"?.

This is Sig Sauer USA. They managed to totally screw up what should have been a slam dunk US made 551 and gave us the 556 instead...plagued with constant seemingly deliberate QC/QA issues, cheap airsoft quality accessories, etc. It would not surprise me to hear they are having issues with the mpx.

Feedback Score
    I double checked the BT website. There is nothing mentioned about APC in 5.56mm. Does this pattern even exist as a prototype?

Feedback Score

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast