Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Another 12 o'clock light mount...

I just saw this 12 o'clock light mount from Hahn Precision.

It appears to be a barrel mounted solution that goes in front of the gas block. It looks like it would make a good mount for a X300.

Do you guys think a light mount attached directly to the barrel like this one could overheat the X300 or cause other issues?

Quoted from Hahn Precision's web site.

"Forward Light Mount - AFLMP0404
    Attaches in on the barrel in front of the sight and allows the mounting of weapon lights from Insight / Streamlight / Surefire. Design self compensates for variations in barrel diameter. Extremely lightweight and clears bayonette. Docking areas on side allow for additional rails (Picatinny Low Profile - PLP0904) to be mounted if necessary."

Feedback Score
    Surefire has been selling barrel mounts and suppressor mounts for many years. I'd gather from that they don't think there is going to be an overheating problem.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good point, I forgot about the barrel mounts they used with the Classic series.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I just saw this 12 o'clock light mount from Hahn Precision.

It appears to be a barrel mounted solution that goes in front of the gas block. It looks like it would make a good mount for a X300.

Do you guys think a light mount attached directly to the barrel like this one could overheat the X300 or cause other issues?

Quoted from Hahn Precision's web site.

"Forward Light Mount - AFLMP0404
    Attaches in on the barrel in front of the sight and allows the mounting of weapon lights from Insight / Streamlight / Surefire. Design self compensates for variations in barrel diameter. Extremely lightweight and clears bayonette. Docking areas on side allow for additional rails (Picatinny Low Profile - PLP0904) to be mounted if necessary."
    I think it might make a good location for a Scout light as well. I have mine mounted at the 12 o'clock position, but via a Daniel Defense rail that goes beyond the FSB.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stoney275,

What light and mount are you using? Do you have any pics of your setup?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Stoney275,

What light and mount are you using? Do you have any pics of your setup?

Thanks!

He is running a Scout.

C4

Feedback Score
    Seems to me if you're running a railed forearm (I don't) you could sacrifice BUIS sight radius and do the same thing on your own.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dport,

I was thinking the same thing but depending on what light and mount you are using sometimes the light will be too high and when the BUIS is deployed the light will block the front sight.

The mount above is actually lower than the rail so you don't have to worry about blocking the sight.

I guess I need get an X300 and see how it works. I'm also still waiting on the new redesigned SR07 switch...

Feedback Score
    Good point.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dport View Post
    Seems to me if you're running a railed forearm (I don't) you could sacrifice BUIS sight radius and do the same thing on your own.
    My reply to some other inquiry of the same nature:

An X200/300 sits below the sight line of your irons/red dot. You "notice" it from behind the rifle but if you run a fixed front sight it is not overly distracting. I've not noticed any glare issues with that positioning vs other positions. The following pics are not the ideal setup as the FF rail on this rifle is too long but I threw it on there to illustrate. (You could however move the light and FS rearward even on such a long rail to get better positioning) After trying a few different setups we had settled on a 9" or 10" rail with an LMT fixed sight behind the light. Some were running tape switches (which would help on a long rail like this one or for folks that use VFG's), while others (who like driving the carbine from the front of the rail) can easily thumb the switch. We came up with this for a fairly specific set of circumstances but found that it worked pretty well anyplace this light (X200/300) would be appropriate and you didn't need to do certain other things, like running a DBAL.

It would be nice if these lights had a disable switch.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast