Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Mako's offering?

http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant...gory_Code=_irs

-Vic
    I ordered one and it should be here today. Gonna give it a try with a Streamlight TRL-3. I'll post pics later today.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here are some pics of the MAKO BSR-1 Barrel Rail Mount. I purchased it at SKD for $24.85 shipped (via USPS Priority Mail and took 2 days)

The mount is lightweight anodized aluminum (not hardcoated) and will fit a minimum barrel O.D. of .550".

Option 1
    Clamping mount close to GB w/Streamlight TLR-3 at 6 o'clock. Can operate weapon light with index finger.

Option 2
    Clamping mount Close to GB w/Streamlight TLR-3 at 12 o'clock. Hard to operate weapon light with thumb.

Option 3
    Clamping mount away from GB (less heat transfer) w/Streamlight TLR-3 at 6 o'clock. Can operate weapon light with index finger.

Option 4
    Clamping mount away from GB (less heat transfer) w/Streamlight TLR-3 at 12 o'clock. MBUS & MAKO BSR-1 moved back. Easy to operate weapon light with thumb.
    This is my prefered option so far.

Last edited by Tornado_Racing; 04-17-10 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Why spend the $$$ to free float a barrel and then hang something off of it?

Just sayin...

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm running a DD Omega rail and I find that a light at the 12 o'clock position works great.

Feedback Score
    I have been experimenting with light mount positioning and have found the 12o'clock works best for me. A couple of pics of the TLR-1 on the plinker.

Last edited by Kilo6; 05-26-10 at 10:53.
    WWW.COMENTAKEIT.COM

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I wonder whether this set-up would have enough clearance to position beneath a conventional FSB. Seems the bayo lug would proabably get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing View Post
    ETA -- I just found that Mako also makes this. I've been thinking of trying an X300 at 6-o-clock. But it would have to come back under the FSB far enough to easily reach the controls (I don't want to have to add a tape switch). For thirty bucks, this might be just what I was looking for.

Last edited by blackscot; 06-02-10 at 06:30.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    I wonder whether this set-up would have enough clearance to position beneath a conventional FSB. Seems the bayo lug would proabably get in the way.
    I still don't see why you would pay for a really nice FF rail and then hang something off the barrel...

Just sayin.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado_Racing View Post
    Here are some pics of the MAKO BSR-1 Barrel Rail Mount. I purchased it at SKD for $24.85 shipped (via USPS Priority Mail and took 2 days)

The mount is lightweight anodized aluminum (not hardcoated) and will fit a minimum barrel O.D. of .550".
    Option 4
    Clamping mount away from GB (less heat transfer) w/Streamlight TLR-3 at 12 o'clock. MBUS & MAKO BSR-1 moved back. Easy to operate weapon light with thumb.
    This is my prefered option so far.

Hmmm... the Mako item is only held on by 2 screws, and it costs 4x as much as the comparable UTG item.

Anyway, I've got something like option 4, and it also think it's pretty close to ideal (I don't have a railed handguard).

Bimmer

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I still don't see why you would pay for a really nice FF rail and then hang something off the barrel.......
    I agree regarding Tornado_Racing's original photo, but in my case the clamp would be in front of an MOE handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Hmmm... the Mako item is only held on by 2 screws, and it costs 4x as much as the comparable UTG item.
    Yeah, and it hangs very low and from just the bayo lug as the single attach point. I didn't have to think on it much further to ditch the idea.
    Last edited by blackscot; 06-03-10 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    I agree regarding Tornado_Racing's original photo, but in my case the clamp would be in front of an MOE handguard.
    Ooops, didn't notice the original photo owner. I used the original SF barrel clamps back in the day and was happy as punch with them. 12:00 does seem the way to go if you can get your mounting/activation/FSB/BUIS issues worked out.

For now I'll just be an hour behind at 11:00 until they come up with cleaner mounting systems/lights/etc.

Good luck!

Dennis.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast