Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Ooops, didn't notice the original photo owner..........

For now I'll just be an hour behind at 11:00 until they come up with cleaner mounting systems/lights/etc.
    No problem.

And I agree again, and am sticking with my current 10-11 o-clock config using just a G2 on a VTAC mount. I'd like something more ambidextrous, but other options seem to just create other issues.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    No problem.

And I agree again, and am sticking with my current 10-11 o-clock config using just a G2 on a VTAC mount. I'd like something more ambidextrous, but other options seem to just create other issues.
    11:00 works both sides for me using the thumbs over rail grip. You just have to reach a bit more when offside.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S391 View Post
    I'm running a DD Omega rail and I find that a light at the 12 o'clock position works great.

That rail makes me wish I had a carbine length gas system. DD please make this for mid length carbines!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Before I start a seperate thread - I wanted to ask here.

This is for anyone who has the Danger Close Low Pro Scout Mount with a Mini-Scout light attached to their carbine on the top rail, either in front of or behind the front backup sight...

Can you please take a picture or two of the above mentioned setup and post it back in this thread? I would like to see how far / close the head / tail of the light is in relation to the front sight. I have a set of Troy flip ups and Daniel Defense fixed and I want to make sure I can use this mount in some capacity on the top rail on two carbines best case scenario. I have the VTAC version of the Troy Extreme rail and run it without and side or bottom rails attached. I would like to mate the Danger Close mount with a mini Scout light and then mount this onto the rail directly behind the front sight with hopes the scout head clears the side of the front back up sight...

I figured if I asked here first I can save myself and the manufacturer some time / headaches if this setup does not co-exist.

Thanks for your input / help.

E-man

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Why spend the $$$ to free float a barrel and then hang something off of it?

Just sayin...

Dennis.
    With the light on the top of the rail, I don't like how the lower half of the sight picture is blocked. With a barrel mount (light is lowered) I can see more through the RDS.
    Last edited by Tornado_Racing; 08-13-10 at 07:24.
    "There's always someone faster, but everyone can be beat"..........John Lee

Feedback Score

Got the Hahn works great with my UniMax green and Surefire X300
    I am the military products manager for Lasermax

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscot View Post
    No problem.

I tried all sorts of options, but by far this is my favorite so far.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Here is my new light mounted on my VTAC rail. I was worried the light would not be tight enough. I tried to remove it after installing it. I could not do it with out an extra set of hands.This is good and bad. Battery changes will be tough. I installed the P backing. I might try the universal backing to see if it holds well enough and I can remove it by myself. I think a LaRue QD mount is in my future. I love the location of this light.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

DD M4 With a Surefire X300

Last edited by Slinger646; 09-13-10 at 18:23.
    I am the rusted fender of the American Dream.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Trying an Insight Procyon at 12 o'clock

Today I tested an Insight Procyon light at 12 o'clock on the new AR. Controls-wise, it works pretty darn well. Only problem is that the Procyon seems to be little taller than comparable Streamlight or Surefire pistol lights.

I like a nice unobstructed sight picture. The light sticks up just enough to be bothersome, IMHO. You can see the round top of the bezel sticking up just higher than flat top of the front sight. Would you live with that much bezel sticking into the sight picture? I'll admit it's not the end of the world but it does protrude enough to be noticable in (possibly) a bad way. This was just a test fit using an old well-used Procyon pistol light. If I decide it's tolerable I'll probably pick up a new WX-150 at some point. WX-150's have the same external dimensions and replace the discontinued Procyon.

Even with a small aperture it's not quite right.

Well, at least my kitty approves of Insight weaponlights.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast