Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I gave it another go... I ran around my house with an X300 mounted using a barrel clamp rail. I tried mounting it at different positions, from as far back to as far front as it would go. Regardless of what I did, I was not happy with the result. No matter what I do, my muzzle device casts a huge, dildo-shaped shadow that is more than distracting. True, mounting at 6 gives me a dildo-shaped shadow as well, but I'm used to that shadow. I think I'm going to wait for this 12 o'clock craze to die down. I see its advantages but it just isn't for me. I may give it another go one day if they come up with a dedicated 12 o'clock light (super slim, TIR optics to project beam as much past muzzle as possible, light weight, no rocker or tape switch).

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    DDM4V5 LW with Mossie Tactics TRN Mount and X300 Ultra:

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Well, I gave it another go... I ran around my house with an X300 mounted using a barrel clamp rail. I tried mounting it at different positions, from as far back to as far front as it would go. Regardless of what I did, I was not happy with the result. No matter what I do, my muzzle device casts a huge, dildo-shaped shadow that is more than distracting. True, mounting at 6 gives me a dildo-shaped shadow as well, but I'm used to that shadow. I think I'm going to wait for this 12 o'clock craze to die down. I see its advantages but it just isn't for me. I may give it another go one day if they come up with a dedicated 12 o'clock light (super slim, TIR optics to project beam as much past muzzle as possible, light weight, no rocker or tape switch).
    Does your 6 o'clock mount give you a dildo shadow in your line of sight?
    http://www.youtube.com/wormydog1724

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This isn't "Ihuntcoyotes.com.

Feedback Score
    Good Evening,

I've got a 7inch rail with a railed gas block in front of it. I'm considering putting a x300 on the gas block, but i'm concerned that it might get too hot and damage the light. Has anyone tried this or have any experience with it?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j1rubin View Post
    Good Evening,

I've got a 7inch rail with a railed gas block in front of it. I'm considering putting a x300 on the gas block, but i'm concerned that it might get too hot and damage the light. Has anyone tried this or have any experience with it?

Thanks
    Don't do it. The mounting bracket on the X300 is plastic. You will in all likelihood melt it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Oblivion

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

*Wall at roughly 8-10 feet, suppressor shadow not visible through optic viewing window

*250otf lumens, momentary push-constant twist, 3.2oz total weight, 50 minute run-time at full-power on one CR123, tint 6200K.

Feedback Score
    Now there we go. Genius.

I have a SF mounted at 9:00 on my M4org BCM which is my most accurate carbine but don't use it unless I hear something strange bumping at night or 'yotes howling too close.
    Simply because I have never warmed up to a flashlight stuck on the side of my barrel like some parasitic twin. It doesn't weigh that much but I can still feel the weight and it unbalances the carbine, turning it into a safe queen. I've always thought a light somehow centered on top would alleviate that and make me go .

Feedback Score

Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Streamlight TLR1 mounted in front of a DD fixed front sight on a Midwest Industries 15" SS gen2 hand guard.

-BTO-
    Last edited by funkybassplayer; 02-20-14 at 08:55.
    -BTO-

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast