Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 12 o'clock light mount...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's another 12 o'clock mount I found. It's made by Sidearmor and runs about $125. I'm considering using this one with a X300 because I really like how low it puts the light. Has anyone used this mount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I just saw this 12 o'clock light mount from Hahn Precision.

It appears to be a barrel mounted solution that goes in front of the gas block. It looks like it would make a good mount for a X300.

Do you guys think a light mount attached directly to the barrel like this one could overheat the X300 or cause other issues?

Quoted from Hahn Precision's web site.

"Forward Light Mount - AFLMP0404
    Attaches in on the barrel in front of the sight and allows the mounting of weapon lights from Insight / Streamlight / Surefire. Design self compensates for variations in barrel diameter. Extremely lightweight and clears bayonette. Docking areas on side allow for additional rails (Picatinny Low Profile - PLP0904) to be mounted if necessary."
    I like the Hahn Precision forward light mount so much that I ordered one yesterday to mount a Surefire X300 on my Noveske N4. Thanks for the info. on this product.

Feedback Score
    Question for those who've actually worked with the Hahn and the SideArmor:
    All of the pictures show them used on barrels with conventional FSBs. Will either of them work with barrels that only have a gas block on them?

I'm predisposed to the Hahn due to cost and SideArmor's recurring refusal to admit there are Left Handers on the planet.

... but I'll go with what will work for my barrels. Thanks.
    Yup, I'm a Dinosaur!

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, the Hahn Precision forward light mount that I bought didn't fit properly on the Noveske N4. The Vltor Vltor 10" VIS monolithic upper length positions the forward light mount where the barrel diameter is narrower so it would just spin around the barrel. I was able to use it on another AR with a fixed front sight and it works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Is anybody using any of these barrel or FSB mounts on a SBR? I was just wondering if there is enough room for them with such a short barrel.

Pics would be great if available. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Something that I have noticed with the light at the 12 o'clock position is that if you are running a suppressor, you will have a huge "butt-plug" looking shadow on the ground. I would think that one will find way more threats lying on the ground than lying on the ceiling if the light were mounted in the 6 o'clock position. Just something to think about, everything is a compromise.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    According to Brownell's website, the Sidearmor rails have been dropped by the manufacturer. They probably still have some in stock.

I would rather have a FSB mounted light rail, but the barrel mounted ones may prove adequate for those people wanting to forgo the expense and weight of a ff rail.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    not 12 o'clock, but 10:30/1:30 on an offset mount like this vltor SM-OCG turned upside down might be a good compromise as the light is still on the handguard and not subjected to conducted heat from the barrel. the light is closer to the bore than if it were mounted on a side rail without an offset mount. another think i like about the vltor mount is that it puts the light closer to the center line than most other mounts.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    mm-
    where did you get the Vltor light mount? Is it available or is this a "special" thing? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    mm-
    where did you get the Vltor light mount? Is it available or is this a "special" thing? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Thanks
    This is a new mount that VLTOR showed at Shot. It is not available yet.

C4

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast