Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: <B>1 FSB?

Feedback Score

<B>1 FSB?

My apologies if this has been discussed before-- but the search function didn't yield any answers. I've only known F marked FSBs-- so what is this <B>1 marked FSB-- what does it mean? I saw it stamped on the right side of the FSB. My buddy said it was the same height of the F marked and he thought it just denoted the forging marks of the manufacturer? Thanks.

The Sandbox, 2001-2006
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother-- Henry V

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's the manufacturers markings. I have seen them on Model 1 sales and Armalite AR's (IIRC). I think there are some LMT uppers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ROUTEMICHIGAN View Post
    My apologies if this has been discussed before-- but the search function didn't yield any answers. I've only known F marked FSBs-- so what is this <B>1 marked FSB-- what does it mean? I saw it stamped on the right side of the FSB. My buddy said it was the same height of the F marked and he thought it just denoted the forging marks of the manufacturer? Thanks.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The same marking is on my Colt 6450 9mm Carbine 's FSB (with a carry handle and non-LE marking). No 'F'. From what I understand, this FSB has the older and shorter A1 post, not compatible with more modern BUIS without elevation built-in (flat tops). Otherwise, I could not find any differences between the B vs F. I did alot of searching too, so thanks to you OP for your post and to G&R for your pm.
    Last edited by gau5guy; 12-23-11 at 12:08. Reason: converting to flat top

Feedback Score
    completely different mark

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I have one with the <B> on one side and F on the other.

Came on a LE6920.

Feedback Score
    Thanks gents for the replies. Below is a pic of the marking. My understanding now is that it is the same height as an 'F' marked FSB and it's a manufacturer's mark (the company that actually forged it?). Apparently, some FSBs that are 'F' are not marked with an F? I put it up to my 'F' marked post and they look identical.

Attachment 10573

The Sandbox, 2001-2006
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother-- Henry V

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I think there are some LMT uppers as well.

Yep, I just finished an LMT upper today with that marking on it. It had been sitting in the safe since 2008 so I'm not sure if they are currently using them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    Yep, I just finished an LMT upper today with that marking on it. It had been sitting in the safe since 2008 so I'm not sure if they are currently using them.
    I have an LMT upper that cleared QC Feb 25th 2010 and the FSB has this marking.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    It just means that it's certified for tactical use.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast