Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: New Magpul 870 Accessories

Feedback Score
    Any plans to make the foreend in OD green?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Currently, an OD green release is unlikely.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Currently, an OD green release is unlikely.
    dang. thanks for the quick response.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARonBoard View Post
    Any updates on how these hold up under rough real world use. I think they look "tacticool" but wonder about the durability.

Although Magpul doesnt typically disappoint in that area.
    I've been using a set of Magpul furniture on my duty 870 for over three months now. I take it out with me every night when I work patrol duty. I have one Qualification course and about 300 rounds down range with my set. It works better with armor than any other shotgun stock I've ever used, including a Mesa Tactical "AR type" stock. It gets banged off of car doors, door frames, and barricades on the range. I don't really see how I could break it. I'm also using the cheek riser kit since I run ghost ring sights. It gives me a perfect natural alignment to the sights. I also appreciate the MOE foreend, since it has the slots for mounting lights and slings. I used to have to drill holes in the regular plastic forends I've used in the past.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Can any tell me how you would mount a Magpul pistol grip on a 870?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cop1211 View Post
    Can any tell me how you would mount a Magpul pistol grip on a 870?
    Mesa Tactical has an adapter that should work.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Built this one up for heavy metal division in three gun.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FDE is out now

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So I just installed a Magpul Forend replacement and Magpul SGA stock on my Remington 870 express tactical. Couldn't find the damn sling mount for in between the receiver and stock though. Anyways, I want to give a few thoughts.

Shooting a 12 gauge with a pistol grip like the Mossberg comes with sucks, even though when holding it your wrist feels better than on a OEM stock. I was close to installing an AR style grip and stock to my 870. Raising the shotgun to a firing position with OEM furniture and aiming just felt awkward. Then I ran across this stock and it intrigued me.

A lot of people blasted the looks but I like them, ymmv. It's ergonomics are AMAZING!! The alignment with the wrist is much more comfortable when in the firing position. Reminds me of my AR... I like my AR. Spoiled I know. Anyways install was very easy. The stock is really close in weight to the OEM stock and any difference is unnoticeable. This stock is built like a tank and fit/finish are top notch, Magpul knocked another one out of the park here.

The Magpul forend is perfect. The OEM just didn't feel big enough for my hand and the Magpul beats the OEM into the ground. The ergonomics here are again wonderful, I love the integrated hand stops. Again, top notch fit and finish. Another home run here.

If you're on the fence with either one of these products... GO BUY IT NOW. You won't regret it.
    Last edited by CLJ94104; 10-12-12 at 14:54.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast