Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your range bag essentials?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

What are your range bag essentials?

Besides mags, ammo, eye & ear protection and maybe a stapler, what else should you always carry in your range bag? Anything that makes your life easier with a particular firearm?

I'm not new to shooting but I decided to put this in the "New to Firearms/Shooting" section because there are things that can the more experienced among us can pass along.

I'll go first since I started this thread.

I've really come to love the UpLULA (pistol mags) & the StripLULA (AR mags)from Maglula

I have yet to find a range bag essential for my shotgun.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Rag and lube. That sounds dirty...

Anyway, if you have electronic ear pro, batteries for said ear pro...or standard ear pro.

I also keep Sharpie markers / pens or stickers and labels to mark suspect magazines.
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 12-23-11 at 20:00.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    screwdriver, with allen head bits too. along with a little POS crescent wrench.
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Feedback Score
    Leatherman MUT and duct tape... Bottle of water. I'll bring a drill and screws to repair wooden targets

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Trauma kit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    all of the above...add a spotting scope, benchrests to assist with zeroing in your rifle, tablet for recording hits and adjustments for zero, 100yds, 200yds, etc. and ammo fired, shooting glasses.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    a pair of binocs. And a range finder if I'm plinking from my truckbed at randomly placed targets or I go to a range that's new to me.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A roll of black and a roll of white masking tape for taping targets.

Feedback Score
    Bore snake just in case. Lube. Tinted and clear safety glasses. Cleaning rod in case anyone gets a squib. FAK. Electronic ears. Water.
    Last edited by Big Wall; 12-24-11 at 16:46.

Feedback Score
    I have one of them long cleaning rods that fits the .17cals. Help to keep from running a great day when a shooting partner used the )(&*)(*^ TULAMMO in their mini. Was able to backout the jammed casing.

Also a camera (cell or real), stapler, tape, rangefinder(soon), boresnake, and ONLY the ammo I have budgeted to shoot, a paint pen (used to mark troublesome magazines) and finally some kind of bag to carry the spent casings. I dont reload but I usually leave the bag by the range house and someone that does picks them up.
    Gun Control is Hitting What You Aim At

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast