Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AK Folding Stock Questions

Feedback Score
    That template is great (I used it for mine), but be aware it's for an AKS-74 and has the different angle on the rear trunnion. Just hold your trunnion up to the receiver to get the correct angle (the first two rivet holes are in the same place so it's easy to line up)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    Forgive me if this was covered previously, I did a search but wasn't able to find anything specific to the two questions I have.

I'm thinking very much about getting an AK (again). Years ago I bought an Arsenal SA M7S, which was my first rifle, and then sold it for about $600 because I didn't know anything and needed the money at the time. Long story short, I have kicked myself for the stupidity of that decision ever since.

Thanks!
    Off topic, but I can relate to that feeling of stupidity. In summer of 1979 I purchased a brand new HK-91 for $408 tax included. I shot the hell out of it for one year and then sold it to a buddy for the same amount all because I wanted a new motorcycle.

We live to regret......

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    Side-Folding AK-100 Stock

The "starting point" is the big hole, from which all the other measurements are made. That's why when you start to measure, you'll notice all measurements are in relation to that hole. It is referenced from the upper rivet hole, which is identical on all AKs.

That said, you COULD print this out and paste on the receiver, because it is to scale. Best to measure, however.

Hats off to you Sir!

I have a full machine shop at my disposal and decided the mod was more troubble than it was worth. To do it with a rotary tool is an undertaking of exceptional attention to detail.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123