Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best 1911 magazines?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I have been running CMC Powermags as duty mags in my Springfield TRP for about a year now. I have a little over 3k downrange with that combination. I have no complaints.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the link... I have read Hiltons post about measuring the feed lip dimensions. The problem I have with the CMC mags is with new ones. I believe the problem is not with the mag tube or trigger bow but rather with the follower not always engaging the slide release and with the mag catch. I suppose the mag catch could be tuned for the CMC mags but there is no problem with othe mags like Metalform or Checkmate or ACT / Novac.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea_de_Fuego View Post
    Thanks for the link... I have read Hiltons post about measuring the feed lip dimensions. The problem I have with the CMC mags is with new ones. I believe the problem is not with the mag tube or trigger bow but rather with the follower not always engaging the slide release and with the mag catch. I suppose the mag catch could be tuned for the CMC mags but there is no problem with othe mags like Metalform or Checkmate or ACT / Novac.
    See my new thread dated 12/13/07 on Wilson's warranty. I have always been a Wilson 47 user, and now I'm getting all new "Elite Tactical Mags."

I might put tripp followers in them, but won't know until they get here next week. I amy also try the Tripp Cobra Mag and a CMC Power Mag with Tripp follower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea_de_Fuego View Post
    See my new thread dated 12/13/07 on Wilson's warranty. I have always been a Wilson 47 user, and now I'm getting all new "Elite Tactical Mags."

I might put Tripp followers in them, but won't know until they get here next week. I may also try the Tripp Cobra Mag and a CMC Power Mag with Tripp follower.

Feedback Score
    I use the Wilson mags exclusively and have had zero problems. Never tried the Novaks.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Novaks are GTG in my guns (Colts, Springfield). 7 and 8 rounders.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I have been using Wilsons and McCormick Power Mags almost exclusively in my 1911s. I do have a few others that I use when I am running drils and don't want my good mags to hit the ground repeatedly.

Power Mags drop free from the Colts and Springfields I have owned.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Chip power mags work well. The older Wilsons were ok but feed lips would spread and the springs would wear out constantly when left loaded. I love their new ETM mag it fixed most of the problems with the early mags.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast