Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New M4 owner, First time shooting out of the box

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is the thread to ask the questions you seek answers to.. No fault in that. At least you have the presence of mind to ask questions and advice from the wealth of info on this site. I don't believe you have insulted anyone by your inquiries. A good few weeks of reading the stickies and then availing yourself of instruction by a well vetted pro instructor will do more for your skillset then buying yourself broke on the latest and greatest gimmickry out there. Trigger time under careful supervision will garner the most desirable results.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcolabella View Post
    I plan on shooting it, at the range, and hunting so to speake not going to sit in the closet, and home defense, I have an 30-06, so do I clean it like I clean it, and should I clean it before I shoot it. I bought 60 rounds of 5.556 50 gr of winchester any other recomandations for ammo
    Right now you can find Federal XM855 in 420 round cans for around $149.00. It is a good choice for any AR-15/M-4.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another benefit of organized professional training, is the wealth of first hand knowledge from a wide variety of people(students included). When it comes to gear and weapon accessories, the ability to see/try it before buying it, because someone there has it. You will get end user reviews and might find a good deal on top of it all.

Getting good training on the basics and the ability to practice repetition will serve you well in the long run

Feedback Score
    I am a new owner of a Colt SP6920 M4, as I have never owned gun like this I am hoping for some suggestions what I should do, and or look for. thanks for your help
    FWIW- invest in taking some classes and building a knowledge base about the weapon and you will be good.. I would run the gun as is for a while until you start adding and changing stuff to it.

Knowledge goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    I plan on shooting it, at the range, and hunting so to speake not going to sit in the closet, and home defense, I have an 30-06, so do I clean it like I clean it, and should I clean it before I shoot it. I bought 60 rounds of 5.556 50 gr of winchester any other recomandations for ammo
    You should clean any newly acquired weapon, while looking for anything defective or out of place. Then lube the BCG & Bolt generously. Don't worry about cleaning it after every range session, unless thats your thing, but it isn't necessary. Keeping the bolt and BCG well lubed is sufficient enough. Please read all of the stickies pertaining to your weapon. Use the yellow search button at the top to do more research.

Thanks for all the imput, I am going to seek out a class/training.I did not mean to insult any of the seasoned profesionals/military/law enforcement with my questions,
    No offense taken. Just read the stickies. I suggest getting 10 to 12 quality mags (NHMTG with MagPul followers or Pmags will do) and good lube (Froglube, Weapons Shield, and Slip EWL, are probably the best out there). A DVD from Magpul, Vickers Tactical or similar video on YouTube, on the basics of weapons manipulation, zeroing ( a 50 or 100 yard zero will do), and maintenance, so you will at least have a clue, then practice. As others have stated, take a good basic AR class from a reputable instructor.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Remember and ALWAYS PRACTICE the 4 golden safety rules.

If that is good enough for people in combat, it is good enough for you.
    Paulo Marcondes -- Brazil.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    This should have been posted PRIOR to your purchase.

The end with the hole is the business end

The "Business end" goes AWAY from you.

Bullets go in the metal "Box" thingy and you make it work by pulling the thingy at the back (its hidden so bad guys cant use it against you)

Pull the little tiny stick to distribute bullets accordingly

If you hear the audible "BANG" you know you did it right
    Cute.

Feedback Score
    This may be a helpful thread for you

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum...AND-PROCEDURES

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That is a good resource. Thank you for posting, I haven't been there for a while.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123