Thread: FSB Question

Feedback Score

FSB Question

I have a barrel from a Colt 6520 that I want to install on a flat top upper. I found a source for "F" marked fsb but dont know which one to get. I dont know whether the barrel is .650 or .750 under the fsb.

Thanks
    John Prescott

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Your FSB bore is .625" (5/8") and is a F height FSB. If you use a flat top receiver with that barrel you'll need the .040" Bushmaster front sight post.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I have a quick FSB question (and I appologize for the slight hijack, but I'd rather not start a new thread for such a trivial question).

I'm going to build an iron sighted 20" rifle. Should I use an "F" marked FSB or a nonmarked one? Does it matter?
    A man without a sense of humor has no sense at all.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule303 View Post
    I have a quick FSB question (and I appologize for the slight hijack, but I'd rather not start a new thread for such a trivial question).

I'm going to build an iron sighted 20" rifle. Should I use an "F" marked FSB or a nonmarked one? Does it matter?
    If you don't use a F marked FSB 20" barrel and zeroing makes the front sight post stick up far in the FSB, all you'll need to correct it is the .040" taller Bushmaster front sight post which sales for $5.50
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)