Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SPR A3G

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    With regard to your Remmy problems... We have a gunsmith who will guage a gun and find any problems with it.... then he'll write a letter on his letterhead for you do include when you send your gun back.

He often gets guys with bad rifles complete new guns.
    I don't see the sense in it any more. Even if Remington fixes it (a big IF), you've still got a rifle with an $15 barrel on it, only now you're into it for several hundred dollars shipping, buying a new trigger, maybe replacing the stock, and whatnot. Getting one that shoots right out of the box, instead of ME having to act as QC for Remington, is a crapshoot on par with sticking your dick into a random stripper - sure, you MIGHT not get cauliflower cock, but odds are not on your side.

After three rounds of liquid nitrogen treatments, I'm only sticking my metaphorical pecker into a higher class of socket.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I don't see the sense in it any more. Even if Remington fixes it (a big IF), you've still got a rifle with an $15 barrel on it, only now you're into it for several hundred dollars shipping, buying a new trigger, maybe replacing the stock, and whatnot. Getting one that shoots right out of the box, instead of ME having to act as QC for Remington, is a crapshoot on par with sticking your dick into a random stripper - sure, you MIGHT not get cauliflower cock, but odds are not on your side.

After three rounds of liquid nitrogen treatments, I'm only sticking my metaphorical pecker into a higher class of socket.
    I generally hate sending stuff back too. But when you have a guy who can nail down the exact issue, it's a slam dunk.

Our guy got an LE sniper a brand new Remmy that outshot the rest of his squad's guns.

Conversely... I know a guy who sent a bolt gun back without any documentation... to a company that ryhmes with Beretta... He told them he had a brake installed ahead of time... The idiots returned the gun without doing a thing saying he'd voided the warrantee by installing a brake.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have never expected my rem 700s to be any better than my colt pistols. I have always bought them with the assumption that work was needed and the action was only being donated. Which is sad but just the way it is. Cant wait to see your FN and hear about the CDI mag I have been thinking of getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I generally hate sending stuff back too. But when you have a guy who can nail down the exact issue, it's a slam dunk.

Our guy got an LE sniper a brand new Remmy that outshot the rest of his squad's guns.

Conversely... I know a guy who sent a bolt gun back without any documentation... to a company that ryhmes with Beretta... He told them he had a brake installed ahead of time... The idiots returned the gun without doing a thing saying he'd voided the warrantee by installing a brake.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    All right, here's a couple pictures of it from last weekend.

Last edited by QuietShootr; 01-14-12 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I definitely want one of those
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I don't think compairing a $700 remington AAC to a $2200 SPR a3 is realy fair. If the remington was as good as the SPR then I would be pissed about the SPR or happy with the Remington. I shoot a 300 win mag Sendero made in the early 90s and its a half inch gun. I actually havent seen a sendero that goes over 1" with good ammo and shooter. I still don't think its SPR quality or as accurate as the best of em. The SPR is a better gun, but it cost more. I firmly dont believe remington makes a rifle of that level. Hell, even the M24 is only required to shoot 1.3" at 200 yards.

Love the SPR. would love to get one of the base ones. Great rifle and optic you got there.
    Sorry, I come from the world of long range. Forgive my ignorance.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear the glowing review ... I just ordered a "tuned up" version of the A2/A4 from Mark at SAC. CDI bottom metal for AI mags, everything bedded and trued, two-tone Cerakote, tactical bolt conversion, trigger tuned to 2.5 lbs, and threaded barrel with custom thread protector and removable R&D Precision Rapid Brake.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wait till you guys see this ****in' thing.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Wait till you guys see this ****in' thing.
    Where's it at? When's its gonna be done? Did you go CDI?

Details man, need details.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    Where's it at? When's its gonna be done? Did you go CDI?

Details man, need details.
    Sent it to CDI, along with three Alpha Industries Type 2 AI-compatible magazines for fitting. Alpha Type 2s allow a COAL of 2.985" (!) which allows my 0.3MOA 2.885" rounds to fit with plenty of room to spare. I could actually seat into the lands and have room left over with these magazines. They are noticeably better constructed than other AI-type magazines, and are shorter to boot, allowing lower prone shooting. CDI milled the action to allow the longest possible COAL to match the magazines.

While the gun was down there, I got a Multicam DuraCoat pack from Lauer and recruited a friend with lots of experience and some seriously expensive airbrushes. We sprayed the Nightforce, rings, and Harris in DuraCoat Tactical Dark Earth, and my friend did a freehand multicam-ish camo scheme on the rifle itself. I'm mounting the scope and reassembling this weekend, and when I get finished with that my friend is going to add the last two colors to the camo and blend the scope and gun together. It's not done yet and it's already goddamn near invisible.

I also ordered some of the outside-threaded QD sockets and am going to be adding three to each side of the gun, bedded in with MarineTex. This will allow maximum versatility with several different types of slings and straps.

No pics yet, I want to wait until it's finished... but damn is it getting nice. The CDI bottom metal is first-class - large trigger guard to allow a heavy winter glove, and its execution is just NICE. CDI's customer service was outstanding as well.

This is going to be one hell of a piece. And it's about ****in' time.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast