Thread: Scar rail extensions, any differences in brands?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Scar rail extensions, any differences in brands?

I crawled out from under my rock and noticed rail extensions are out for the scar. I would like one for my 16 and 17.
    I saw pws and fns. Any notable differences between the two? Are there any other brands to consider?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    The PWS rail extension is the only one I would recommend at this time. There are a couple of other options out there right now, but they aren't nearly as good. The FN factory rail extension prevents removal of the gas plug and piston during cleaning and has a large hump on the 6 o'clock rail where they join together. It has no QD swivel sockets. The Branham rail is heavy, difficult to install, and has no QD sockets. Both prevent removal of the barrel without removing the rail extension. I'm hoping that the Sentinel Design rail extension unveiled at SHOT 2011 will be available in the near future.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There is the branham tactical 2 inch extension.
    The pws is 5 inches long.
    The fn is kind of like the pws.

I chose the pws and like it. Don't have hands on with the others.

Edit, post before mine has all the answers. I didn't see it when I posted this one. I would have deleted but don't see that option any where.
    Last edited by ryr8828; 01-01-12 at 09:39.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks guys,
    They are not cheap and wanted to buy wisely

Thanks

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Vltor and Tango Down had some that were shown at SHOT last year, as I recall...they look pretty darn slick, but no word yet as to actual production. Every so often I hit up the TD site to see if there's anything new...they finally released their charging handle and aluminum stock latch. They're expensive though. :-)
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim