Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    My wife and I began watching the program when it first aired and I have to admit that we have both learned from the people that it profiles although we feel that most do not really have a clue to survival. We have been what you would call closet preppers all of our time together. She is constantly couponing and going to the bogo sales and like last night when she came home with several cases of canned goods from a large grocery store near us. When I asked why she simply told me it was a 4 for a dollar sale or $4.00 a case for them. How can I argue with that kind of logic? She does not bat an eye for me having several hundred rounds of ammo for the various guns that we own, many of which were purchased by her I might add. She helps me in watching for deals on handloading equipment and supplies as it is the hobby that I care most about other than hunting, fishing and just general shooting. When Obama took office and people were hoarding every bit of ammo and buying guns like they might quit making them any day just because of a new president. I just sat back knowing that I had all the ammo and components to make more than I will probably ever use. When fellow deputy sheriffs at my department were being forbidden to carry because they could not requalify because of the ammo shortage and lack of planning on their part. I never missed a qualification course of fire even though I carried an AR, shotgun and my handgun on a daily basis. I had been teased by several of my fellow deputies for picking up all the empty shells after these qualifications and taking em home sometimes by the bucket full. That is until the sudden shortage of ammo and they couldn't just run out to Wally world to pick up a couple of boxes to qualify with, and now many of them have decided maybe I wasn't so crazy after all. In fact I now have to practically fight them just to get my 9mm and 223 brass back. One thing that the show has done is to make my wife a little more security concience, and she has even started to shoot with me and become a much better shot. She has even started to carry the little Glock 26 that I bought her a few years ago and is seriously considering getting her CCW so that she will be legal. I personally do not care if she gets it or not as I am just happy to see her finally coming around as far as the guns go. She has always supported me in my collecting and now understands why I kept it to certain calibers especially in the handguns and rifles.
    Last edited by OkieOutlaw; 03-11-12 at 18:22.
    "If there were more sane people with guns, there would soon be a lot fewer insane people with guns."

"A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Everybody is cashing in. Doomsday/prepper wife swap on A&E now.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Everybody is cashing in. Doomsday/prepper wife swap on A&E now.
    Seriously? LOL WTF?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    I was actually pretty excited to watch it... Then I saw it. Some peoples advise and planning made sense.. Then some of it was just laughable. Its like they found the most extreme examples they could. Kinda makes the whole effort look silly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If this was a legitimate show were they selected people at random and had accepted experts help them to get their prep's in order then the show would have some value. But the producers took a different path just for ratings it appears.

I locked out the channel so my wife and kids don't watch the carefully selected for ratings flops and believe whats shown especially the nut cases.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425