Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Doomsday Preppers

Just saw an ad for this show, that's starting up in February. Looked it up online and watched this older episode...these people take it to a whole new level. Batshit crazy
    Last edited by munch520; 02-24-12 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    They broke the first rule of prepping by disclosing to the world that they have resources in abundance. Now anyone who just happens to know them will be banging on the door during the first week or two of a SHTF event.

Also these people are approaching the far end of the prepping scale and while they maybe able to survive some real tough times they are at such a extreme that is rules their everyday life and drains the enjoyment of same.

I believe in a balance which allows for both prepping and the enjoyment of life but neither will rule me or my family.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phila PD View Post
    I believe in a balance which allows for both prepping and the enjoyment of life but neither will rule me or my family.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree also.

Feedback Score
    Combine prepping and extreme couponing together and you have one huge stash and little to no life outside hoarding supplies. Watch extreme couponing and you will see what I mean.

There is a point though where unless you really really enjoy doing it that I would rather just off myself. And there are those who do off themselves because of stresses linked to things like needing to hoard, prepare, feelings of being unsafe, etc.

Got to have that balance of life and enjoyment of it.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For how seriously that first family takes prepping, Im real surprised they choose to live in the middle of suburbia like that. Does that family really think they'll be able to defend that little property in the middle of that suburb if things really fall apart?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Couldn't have said it better.
    Agreed!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blstr88 View Post
    For how seriously that first family takes prepping, Im real surprised they choose to live in the middle of suburbia like that. Does that family really think they'll be able to defend that little property in the middle of that suburb if things really fall apart?
    I was thinking the same thing.. they all seem to take everything really serious, but than do really dumb shit like participate in the show.. especially when you live in an in city type area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My thoughts are similiar to those of Phila PD -- hope the fame was worth blowing your cover and putting yourself on the radar. Wonder if a cost/benefits analysis was conducted or if they were hoping for some sort of TV/TMZ effect to boost their egos.

Extreme coupon-ing was disgusting. Initially I viewed the show as an opportunity to learn how to purchase food on the cheap. After the initial 7 minutes I realized I was not part of the target audience. Do appreciate how some of the people give the goods back to charity, but a huge portion of those items (pallets of soda etc.) was just unrealistic and a recipe for long term health problems.

I prefer the rice and beans route. Cheap, easy, and most importantly, its soul food!
    Last edited by John W; 01-03-12 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'M thinking they received some type of compensation for doing the show and decided to show off a bit.

Now the world knows who they are and were.

Poor decision making.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast