Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    The Poles have shifted in there heads!

And hey! The colony actually showed me how to make a water filtration system. That was when gas was under $2 and preppers where hoarders lol
    -Joe-
    I am the Infantry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think you are a little harsh there smokie. Remember, these folks are all, to one extent or another, victims of the producers. They are being made to look crazy to entertain you. There are lots of flaws in people's preps, but I commend all of them for getting off of their asses and doing something. They may not get it 100% right, but they are doing more than most. This is a bit of a lost science, and nobody really has all of the answers. I sure dont anyways.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    the one family that was prepping for the continents shifting, do they realize it takes millions of years for the continents to move like that. Our lifetimes are but a mere grain of sand in a desert in the geologic timeframe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's interesting how folks come up with their specific preceived threat or concern. I halso have a hard time grasping the world tipping upside down in an instant. I guess it's possible but who really knows.

I have to say that I appriciate Nat Geo putting this show onto the tube. I know we all laugh and giggle cuz we all have a better way.

My hat's off to the folks who stood up and volunteered to go on tv and show most of their set ups. That took balls.

For us the reality is not just one of those SHTF things happening, its all of then possibly happening in no particular order.

Mother nature has balance, she flex's from time to time and it's painful.

We are far more concerned with personal agenda's from the ultra wealthy who want to influence the world into something we as preppers don't see as in our best interest.

The collapse has began in Greece, it will get much uglier, then move to the EU, then onto the US. China will also experience some of this evil.

Seems to me that there are many ways to achieve goals set by individuals. As long as one is moving in that direction our hat is off to them for taking action to soften the blow if and when it comes.

We were amused by the show aswell. Yet We tried hard to learn from everybody who was willing to share their set up. In fact we did learn from each group, good things and bad things. It's still learning

Lots of differences in set ups and mind set from ours. yet in the end we all share that common goal of surviving whatever the flavor of the week is.

I know I can be a Dick sometimes, Apoligy's to all, I read pretty much everything on this board for the same reasons you all do. In the end I admire all of you for your contributions.

Good luck
    Dirk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Anyone who thinks they can "sell" sexual acts for life extending items such as water/food/medicine/shelter et alia. have another thing coming, no pun intended.
    This sentiment goes against the experiences of the guy who posted about living through SHTF in his city during the Serbian/Bosnian conflict. I don't have the link handy, but he's been referenced here before AFAIK.
    Unprepared: Not prepared; caught by surprise; dead

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nat Geo is making these people look more "intersting" on purpose.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyo...megan-hurwitt/

"Megan Hurwitt: Our primary reason for prepping, namely, gulf coast hurricanes, was deemed “not interesting enough.” We prep for any and all forseeable emergencies."

Feedback Score
    I actually think the family in CO, and the heavyset guy in TN with the ham radio stuff weren't idiots at all. They seem like the types who could survive some bad things. The rest though all struck me as major morons in some way or another.

I saw a video of the TN guy (youtube.com/dsarti1) where he said that "EMP cage" out in his yard was just some producer in NY who had him do that. He built it just for the show. So i am sure there is a lot of stuff like what was posted above to spice up the show, but then some of the people on there are such morons that they don't need much help.

Shooting your own shipping container house with 22s to prove what a fortress it is?!?!?!?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade3745 View Post
    A family of food hoarders living on farm land in old metal shipping containers, 2 people that intend to leave home and "live off the land"...in down town L.A., and a fat Bubba with estranged political views in need of a treadmill...
    I don't recall the guy having any estranged political views, he was concerned with EMPs and CMEs. He was harmless, his sense of humor may be different from others but the only threat he poses is to himself as he is obese.

He actually had a great radio set up, something I wished I had sqaured away.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    I sure don't think it's a strategy, per se, but if the hot single mom next door wanted to trade me a blow job for a couple of gallons of clean water, who cares?
    Personally I don't care what you do, but maybe your wife does? The question I raise is would you prostitute your own daughter, wife, niece, sister, for something that might get you by one more day?

If yes, then IMHO you are not really living. We would all have to come to our own conclusions if thrown into the situation. This is something that my wife and I have discussed and I know she would rather eat a bullet than "sell herself" and if I had a daughter I would rather kill for things rather than pimping my own flesh and blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Alric View Post
    This sentiment goes against the experiences of the guy who posted about living through SHTF in his city during the Serbian/Bosnian conflict. I don't have the link handy, but he's been referenced here before AFAIK.
    I do recall reading that link. However, not every situation is the same. History is full of accounts of RAPE during times of unrest/revolt. Why would a guy or a group of guys "pay" a woman for services rendered when they can just keep whatever it is the woman wants and take her anyway? Not everyone is going to play by the rules.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I agree about the Ham radio setup. I hope one day I can have some sort of setup like that, too.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast