Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    So the guy in AZ on last nights episode who nearly took his thumb off, two points. #1 I wish that with that shovel thing he had made he would have just come out and said “this is basically for when the zombies attack” and #2 in all my years of shooting I have never found a reason to put my thumb any ware near the barrel of a jammed, unloaded, or any other situation. I mean I get it accidents happen, but putting your hand any ware close to the barrel seems silly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dustdevil13 View Post
    So the guy in AZ on last nights episode who nearly took his thumb off, two points.
    What a complete douchebag. I couldn't believe this when I saw it; of all the times you choose to shoot your self, you do it in front of a NatGeo camera...

The fireman in the city had a collection of silly fantasy knives that made me laugh.

The guy with the huge gun collection had almost as many worthless guns as good guns. No mention of ammo count.

I'll keep watching.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quietshooter, your such a practical man.

I spit coffee on my computer again dammit.

My neighbor would have to comb her blue hair back, and spit out her dentures first..................... Think Im gonna pass.

Dirk

Feedback Score
    "The fireman in the city had a collection of silly fantasy knives that made me laugh."

My wife, bless her heart, looked at me when they brought up this guy not having guns and said “what would it be like to not be able to protect your family with a gun?” She knew this was the way it was but to see it play out completely blew her mind. The only thing she could say was “poor guys going to get shot.”
    Last edited by dustdevil13; 02-15-12 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    So we tuned in last night for a lark. Perhaps the best comedy we've seen in some time. Especially the guy who shot his thumb off.

"I had the kind of gun malfunction where your thumb goes in front of the barrel".

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Damn I missed that episode.

By the way, how in the Hell do you shoot your thumb off?

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dustdevil13 View Post
    "The fireman in the city had a collection of silly fantasy knives that made me laugh."

My wife, bless her heart, looked at me when they brought up this guy not having guns and said “what would it be like to not be able to protect your family with a gun?” She knew this was the way it was but to see it play out completely blew her mind. The only thing she could say was “poor guys going to get shot.”

It's like Rock, Paper, Siccors. The gun is always going to win.
    Unless it's out of bullets. Then just throw it and hit the SOB right between the eyes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT42 View Post
    Nat Geo is making these people look more "intersting" on purpose.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/rockbeyo...megan-hurwitt/

"Megan Hurwitt: Our primary reason for prepping, namely, gulf coast hurricanes, was deemed “not interesting enough.” We prep for any and all forseeable emergencies."
    This was an interesting read, scroll down to the part where the producers offered her $1,000 to shoot her cat on camera! We all know the power of editing and all the nasty things the networks will do to get ratings. I guess I shouldn't really be that surprised.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ****ed up!
    Those people (Hollywood) are a bunch of slimy pieces of shit.

ETA: At least most of them are.
    Last edited by loganp0916; 02-17-12 at 13:28.
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by train of abuses View Post
    The best part was when she basically admitted she was bringing all of those condoms with her in her bug out bag in case she had to prostitute herself out of the area!
    I thought I was the only one who caught this. If I remember she mentioned packing away 160 condoms in fact. She seemed a little too comfortable with that scenario; there has to be MANY better ways to prep than that imo.

The show is mildly entertaining in a make-fun-of kind of way but in reality it has got me thinking and, even planning. It's a great excuse to buy more ammo! (as if I needed another one)
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast