Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Doomsday Preppers

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looked like it. Maybe just a girlfriend or a sister, but he showed up with a woman of a similar age.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well at least the show teaches us what not to do.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I missed that part. I've been switching between this show and Justified
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

One word, OPSEC.

I guess this is better than the other crap being pitched these days, however I feel the producers of this show will slant this one showing how anyone who owns firearms, puts away food/supplies etc, are some ding bat extremists (AKA domestic terrorists).

The media and the Federal Government have a broad brush.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    One word, OPSEC.

I guess this is better than the other crap being pitched these days, however I feel the producers of this show will slant this one showing how anyone who owns firearms, puts away food/supplies etc, are some ding bat extremists (AKA domestic terrorists).

The media and the Federal Government have a broad brush.
    Sad. But you're probably right.
    They'll script it and ruin it like every other show. Ex: Sons of Guns could have been an OK show but they scripted it and they build bullshit projects. And didn't pick an awesome company to base it off of.
    Last edited by loganp0916; 02-07-12 at 21:59.
    “WE THE PEOPLE are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

~ Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    At the end of each story the "experts" assess the preparedness and probabality of each scenario. So far. Solarflare emp has xxx% of happening. Large earthquake in CA has xxx% of happening. Oil crisis is highly unlikely as Canada and Mexico supply alot of oil. Pole shift has xx% of happening.

dah dah dun....Economic crisis/hyperinflation/depression.....economists think that won't happen Reallly????? That's it???? Not a single statistic or fact or theory why to back that up Sounds ALOT like "it's different this time" that's referenced in MANY economic history books.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    A good friend of mine will be featured on this series. He seems to think that he will showcase a more "skills oriented" method of preparation. I tried to tell him that they will make him look like a loony but he didn't seem to think so. It will be interesting to see how it fleshes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    Show was very disappointing to say the least. It definitely made people who are preppers look like whackos. Seems like the producers of this show had an agenda.

Feedback Score
    Yummy ... Tilapia tacos! I do want a sun oven, though.

The one guy says he tries to "stay under the radar as much as possible." Uh yeah ... Seems pretty stealthy to me.
    By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    Towards the martial arts expert and firearms instructor women (really?)! Her food looked good at least!
    -Joe-
    I am the Infantry.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast