Thread: Need to upgrade!

Feedback Score

Question Need to upgrade!

Currently i have a small centurion safe. It only holds like 3 or 4 rifles. But if it's an AR it will hold even less.

My dilemma is that i'm not sure if i should buy something more on the expensive side (amsec, patriot safe, fortknox etc) or go with a cheaper safe but go for a larger safe that is less pricey compared to the "upper name brand" safes.
    I could use the extra size safe and spend a little less than spend more and get a smaller size safe. As long it has a decent fire proof rating.

I figure i have an house alarm (first line of defense) and in case of a break in that would deter most if not all criminals and for what ever reason the house alarm doesn't work, i would assume most of these breaks ins are more of get in and out as quick as possible type situations.

Here are a couple of brand safes i am thinking of getting. But these are more on the pricey side. The amsec BF series has a 11guage body and half inch steel plate for the door. The patriot safe co. has a 10guage steel body and a 4guage steel door.
    I know amsec is a big company but has anyone heard of the "patriot safe co."? They are based in socal.

What other safes in the same size (similar in size with the links provided) or larger can you guys recommend that are decent in price but not as expensive as the amsec or the patriot safe co. and has a decent fire proof rating?

I guess if i choose the amsec i could go with a an SF series.

PATRIOT SAFE co

AMSEC BF6032

Thanks.
    #ifyourhandtouchesmetal,I swearbymyprettyfloralbonnet,I willendyou

Feedback Score
    What kinda housing do you have? Apartment, single story or 2 story home, basement ect?

I have a big safe downstairs and a small safe upstairs for most accessed guns. Always buy bigger than you need because you will always want more room.

Feedback Score
    I agree with the go bigger than you think you need advice. I bought a 30" model and it was full the first month, and didn't hold nearly what I thought it would. I will soon be purchasing a larger one and keeping my old one as well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I always hear choose the biggest safe you can afford, and then get the next larger size. but I'm going to be the voice of dissension here...

as long as they both are of good quality, I have found that having two smaller safes means in the event burglars do manage to get into one, they've still got only half your guns.

a larger safe is harder to steal than a smaller one, but I have drilled holes in mine and bolted them together with hardened bolts and angle iron backers inside the safe.

together it's huge and heavy and unwieldy and would probably never make it through the door of my workshop intact. this would require them to take the time to separate them, or break into each of them to get everything.

anything that can slow or hinder a burglar means that much more of a chance you have of keeping your stuff...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    So what brands would u guys recommend? Have you guys heard of the patriot safe co?

I live in a single family home only 1 story.

I was thinking in the $1500 price range.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Before going bigger, make sure you know where you want it to go and take measurements. If you are having it delivered, talk to those guys as they know measurements and shit like that. If they don't know don't use them. I have come in after customers bought a safe elsewhere and dropped it at their front door instead of the basement where they wanted it.

The two/three companies I am vaguely familiar with are Liberty and Champion/Superior. These are quality lines that are great for fire rating as well as theft protection. I've never heard of Patriot, but that doesn't mean much.

For $1500, you should be able to get a pretty decent safe.

One thing on the ones I listed above - if they are on a wood pallet, it means they are made in the USA. Metal pallet = Mexico.

Feedback Score
    Thanks i didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by High Tower View Post
    Before going bigger, make sure you know where you want it to go and take measurements. If you are having it delivered, talk to those guys as they know measurements and shit like that. If they don't know don't use them. I have come in after customers bought a safe elsewhere and dropped it at their front door instead of the basement where they wanted it.

The two/three companies I am vaguely familiar with are Liberty and Champion/Superior. These are quality lines that are great for fire rating as well as theft protection. I've never heard of Patriot, but that doesn't mean much.

For $1500, you should be able to get a pretty decent safe.

One thing on the ones I listed above - if they are on a wood pallet, it means they are made in the USA. Metal pallet = Mexico.