Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: REDBACK ONE - 2012 TRAINING SCHEDULE

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falla View Post
    We will also be offering a 3-Day Home Defense Course in 2012. I will post the course outline for this soon.

The first HD course will be conducted in Virginia at our training facility located in West Point, VA. We have a 3,400 sq/ft ballistic shoot house for this course.
    That sounds interesting. And I love to see the location, right in between my house and school. So close.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Home Defense & Personal Protection course

COURSE DESCRIPTION:
    This course is designed to teach students the tactics, techniques and procedures to secure the family home and conduct close personal protection of family members during a time of crisis either at home or away.

Crisis may take the form of many things including home invasion or break-in where family members or assets are vulnerable and are exposed to extreme risk. Situations like these require very specific counter measures to be applied, using a kinetic, or non-kinetic, lethal or less-than-lethal, lawful force response in order to resolve them quickly and decisively.

In today’s society we are more exposed to the criminal entities that thrive on the vulnerable and target the weak in the classic scenario of predator v’s prey. This course will delve into the predator mindset and explore how criminals stalk, select and prosecute their targets. We will train you how to harden yourself and family members to become a super predator in order to limit the criminal attack and be ready should an attack occur. This course will include specific body protection drills used in executive protection to cover and evacuate family members while allowing for a lethal kinetic or non-kinetic lawful force response.

COURSE OUTLINE: Home Defense
    During this portion of the training students will learn methods of approaching, entering and clearing the home or structure as a single and as part of a two man element.

This module will cover the following:

Learning objectives:

1. Selecting the correct approach.
    2. External movement and clearance methods.
    3. Offensive and Defensive methods of internal clearing.
    4. Center-fed and corner-fed rooms.
    5. Hallways and intersections.
    6. Negotiating Stairwells.
    7. Security of family members
    8. Advanced Surgical Shooting Techniques
    9. Force on Force scenarios

COURSE OUTLINE: Personal Protection
    During this portion of the course students will receive lessons on how to recognise and react to criminal threats and active shooters. Students will be taught how to move tactically while in control of family members during high stress situations and apply the use of force continuum in order to select the appropriate force response to specific situations.

This module of training will cover the following:

Learning Objectives:
    1. Threat recognition,
    2. React to contact,
    3. Close quarters fighting techniques,
    4. Cover and evacuation drills,
    5. Tactical movement while in control of family members,
    6. Deployment of the handgun while in control of family members,
    7. Advanced weapons manipulations while in control of family members,
    8. Applying the principles of Tactical Combat Casualty Care in a Tactical pre-hospital setting,
    9. Tactical medical kits and contents,
    10. Conducting rapid trauma assessments of casualties,
    11. Initiating life saving interventions within a tactical environment.

Course Duration:
    3-Days (30hrs)

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    This looks like a great course! Awaiting more details...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Yeah that sounds really cool.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Texas and the Pacific Northwest is definitely on my agenda. Stay tuned to our many outlets (FB, M4C, and Website) as to what's coming up. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to host us at their local shooting club, feel to contact us. I'm already working leads but if there's a customer demand, we'll be sure to go.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Jason,

We spoke about getting some barricades made up for the Alaska courses and I agreed to help the project out. I emailed Giselle a while back (and just today) about specifics of what you want them to look like. Can you provide me any more detail and how many you would like and I can get on it. If they need to look like something seen in the Magpul Dynamics videos, I can do that as well...

Thanks
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo@RB1 View Post
    Texas and the Pacific Northwest is definitely on my agenda. Stay tuned to our many outlets (FB, M4C, and Website) as to what's coming up. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to host us at their local shooting club, feel to contact us. I'm already working leads but if there's a customer demand, we'll be sure to go.
    This is great news! I am very interested in courses offered in the Pacific Northwest, particularly Washington and Oregon. A basic carbine and basic pistol would be awesome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drck1000 View Post
    This is great news! I am very interested in courses offered in the Pacific Northwest, particularly Washington and Oregon. A basic carbine and basic pistol would be awesome!
    I really like the Pacific Northwest, every time I go there it reminds me of Australia! Portland and Seattle are both great cities that I like to visit, so if you guys want a course, lets get some students lined up and I'll be there!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Falla View Post
    I really like the Pacific Northwest, every time I go there it reminds me of Australia! Portland and Seattle are both great cities that I like to visit, so if you guys want a course, lets get some students lined up and I'll be there!
    I used to live in Seattle for 11 years. I still miss living there, particularly the variety of outdoor activities available there. That and I had my CCW permit there and suppressors legal in WA.

I originally signed up for the Redback One basic carbine class scheduled for Reno, NV in October, so Seattle or Portland in the fall would be great! I shot you and Carlo an email regarding potential training dates in the September - December timeframe, particularly for the Pacific Northwest. Carlo replied that he could use some help scouting out potential training sites in Seattle and Portland. I still have some friends that live in that area. I'll reach out to them and see if there are some potential training sites. I only shot pistol when I lived there, so I mostly shot at indoor ranges.

Looking forward to great year of training in 2012!

Feedback Score
    We have added several new course offerings to the 2012 training schedule. We will be updating the calendar here at M4C soon. Until then please check the Redback One website for the most up to date schedule.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast