Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10.3", 10.5" or 11.5"? Also, silencer questions

Feedback Score
    I think the shorter life thing is overplayed. Inconel mini cans should last a long time. I've seen cast inconel (nickel alloy) turbo manifolds get cherry red thousands of times without problems. Granted they are not getting blasted by unburned gunpowder.

I really want to hear a mini can in person. Even solid comparison data does not convey the importance of tone.

Feedback Score
    I have an 11" SBR with an AAC Omni and it's ok. It takes the bark out of it, but that's about it. Cans have their work cut out for them with SBR's.
    Brian
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaqu View Post
    I think the shorter life thing is overplayed. Inconel mini cans should last a long time. I've seen cast inconel (nickel alloy) turbo manifolds get cherry red thousands of times without problems. Granted they are not getting blasted by unburned gunpowder.

I really want to hear a mini can in person. Even solid comparison data does not convey the importance of tone.
    Inconel and similar alloys are extremely impressive at high temperatures, but they tend to become ductile and in any ablative application they will take a beating.

That said, you'll have worn out that barrel before it really matters, and unless you're really putting round count through it we'll have better silencer tech anyway. If you're shooting factory ammo to get there, the cost of the upper and can replacement is utterly negligible.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    scottryan,
    What do you think of the Colt 6933 11.5" with the AAC Mk4 2000 on it? Do you run a AAC Blackout or Brakeout muzzle mount?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasone View Post
    scottryan,
    What do you think of the Colt 6933 11.5" with the AAC Mk4 2000 on it? Do you run a AAC Blackout or Brakeout muzzle mount?

That will work fine and I use that setup, except I have a low pro gas block on the 11.5" barrel with a 10" centurion rail.

I use a Blackout flash hider.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456