Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    I bought Comp IIIs from Botach a couple years ago and there was no issue. I like them and they sound very clear.

I had started with Howard Leights as my first pair of electronic ear muffs and I would highly recommend one of the aftermarket gel cups for them. I really do not feel they make a tight seal with the stock pads. It’s often not something you notice as you are wearing them until you make a small adjustment...then realize things just got a bit quieter.

I probably shoot 1/4 as much as many here but I still developed mild tinnitus in a very short time....exactly after I started wearing the HLs. Do not goof around with your hearing. Definitely double up with plugs as many recommend ...especially indoors or if you are at a static range under a roof (but probably anywhere). I think those to situations...especially shooting pistols indoors is what did it for me.
    Last edited by OldState; 01-29-19 at 07:16.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anybody get a recent production Safariland Liberator HP?

Have they fixed all the problems yet?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shooting in the Scouts (Cub, Boy & Explorer) and Army during the 50's and 60's, all without hearing protection. By the time I started wearing HP it was too late. Now I wear full time hearing aids in both ears. Don't be me.

Edited to add: All the loud live music didn't help either.
    Last edited by austinN4; 03-18-19 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Does anybody have any experience with the Radians R3700? I’m interested in picking up a set of inexpensive electronic ears that do compression (like Sordins) instead of clipping (like Peltors) for loaner use by shooters that I coach. I’ve gone through several sets of Peltor 6s’s, some of which only lasted a single hot day. Downside is the internet is nearly completely silent on these. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ction-radians/
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    maybe too early i guess, but i don't suppose anyone has any experience yet with the ops core amp headset? apparently shipping now. looks absolutely badass on paper (with a price to match)
    I'm evaluating a couple of sets right now, and just sold my command on ordering them for everyone in my shop. We specifically need the NMFI capability so that we have dual ear pro in the shoot house but are still able to hear the students' voice procedures. The fact that the connectorized version can easily switch from no comm to single comm to dual comm is a nice bonus, too. Bottom line, I've been very happy with them, but unless you're looking for a set of electronic muffs that 1) provides dual hearing protection, 2) allows you to attach or detach comm downleads as required, and/or 3) is able to be mounted on a standard ACH/MICH/ECH, I'm not sure they're worth the extra price point. I've heard folks say the 3D hear-through is better than Peltors or Sordins, but I can't really vouch for that. I CAN say that it absolutely works with the NMFI earplugs, which is not something that Peltor or MSA can say at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hopefully, this isn't too much of a necropost, and hopefully, it's on-topic enough to warrant it in the first place, but does anyone have any experience with Walkers Razor Slim muffs? The Peltors I used for years disappeared after my bachelor party, and I'm looking for a pair I can dedicate to my class and cool guy-gear bag. Are these any good, or should I just get another pair of Peltors?

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Elect...47&sr=8-6&th=1
    (the fact that these come in various patterns and colors makes my inner gearqueer happy, which is why I'm considering them)
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have a pair of them and a pair of Peltor sport tac's. The walkers have better sound on them than the sport, like I was using them at the indoor range the other day and when the line went quiet I could hear things in the shop. Now the down side to the Walker's is the fit which may not be an issue if you have a slim head and long neck, unfortunately I'm a bucket on a tree stump. So they fit kind of tight on me until I adjust them to a sweet spot ( don't ask it's just a feeling thing) and the big detractor for me is that the ear cups are long so the interfere with mounting a rifle for me so with an AR I knock a cup off and on my bolt gun I have a hell of a time getting behind the scope. For the price they aren't bad and worth a shot, I'm going to keep mine for pistol shooting and for a loaner pair.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Hopefully, this isn't too much of a necropost, and hopefully, it's on-topic enough to warrant it in the first place, but does anyone have any experience with Walkers Razor Slim muffs? The Peltors I used for years disappeared after my bachelor party, and I'm looking for a pair I can dedicate to my class and cool guy-gear bag. Are these any good, or should I just get another pair of Peltors?
    I want to party with you cowboy. I've been to bachelor parties where I wanted to protect my eyes, but never my ears. Well played.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I want to party with you cowboy. I've been to bachelor parties where I wanted to protect my eyes, but never my ears. Well played.
    Ha. My bachelor party was pretty tame, consisting mostly of drinking, playing X-Wing, and watching terrible movies. We did include a range portion though before the drinking started, and between my groomsmen and my then-future in-laws all showing up and shooting, not sure what happened to my Peltors. Oh well, at least a ton of rounds were sent down range.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    What non-electronic ear pro do you recommend? This is in addition to ear plugs I also wear.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast