Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ended up getting a pair of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel from SRS Tactical. Feel bad I waited so long to make the decision to buy quality. The gel's are like laying on a pillow. Looking forward to getting these out to the range!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Ended up getting a pair of MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X with gel from SRS Tactical. Feel bad I waited so long to make the decision to buy quality. The gel's are like laying on a pillow. Looking forward to getting these out to the range!
    Good on you for pulling the pin, buy once cry once as Pat (RIP amigo) ingrained into my head.

Where the Pro X’s really excel IMO besides the comfort factor is their water resistance. As it gets a *tad* warm/humid here in Tx & HOT where you are VEGAS, in both rain during classes or mucho sweat during matches, I never concern myself w/ losing my X’s functionality & I’ve been using these since 2008.
    Last edited by Agile53; 04-04-18 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I have a pair of these on the way in FDE. With the discount code promo was $208. http://www.safariland.com/products/c...bq05101cqonayr
    Well my Lib HP’s were delivered today. Will try and get out shooting with these and give you my thoughts on them sometime in the next week.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Well my Lib HP’s were delivered today. Will try and get out shooting with these and give you my thoughts on them sometime in the next week.
    Good to hear Bigg, looking forward to your feedback & you mind sharing what your order date was?

Asking as mine was placed on 20 March so trying to get a guesstimate on when to expect them here.

Feedback Score
    Looking forward to hearing your feedback as well. I've been considering these too.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Part of the reason I went with MSA's, ordered from SRS Sunday night, shipped Monday morning, had them in hand on Wednesday morning. Florida to Vegas.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile53 View Post
    Good to hear Bigg, looking forward to your feedback & you mind sharing what your order date was?

Asking as mine was placed on 20 March so trying to get a guesstimate on when to expect them here.
    I ordered mine on February 23. I was willing to wait on these because I wanted some of the newer and advanced features they possess.
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-12-18 at 15:28.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

HP's Received & Some Info on Them

Thx for the info Bigg, received mine today MUCH to my surprise.

That said the HP's currently can only be used w/ AAA batts as the CR123 requires a battery tray which Safariland says will be available to us by the end of April. I'm UNC @ this time if they'll automatically be shipping it to us or we have to request it, will advise when I know more.

Also of note is the NFC ability that Safariland said will allow us to update the audio profile is currently not available on these early units & *may* not be until the end of this yr

Out of *positive* news for now but I am going to be using these Sat. for 2-4 hrs. @ a steel match so there is that.
    Last edited by Agile53; 04-12-18 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    Are Comtac IIIs still worth picking up, or are there better options out there? I'm also looking at the Peltor Sport Tactical 500 if anyone has any experience with those. I'm open to swinging the extra cash for the Comtac IIIs if it's really worth it though.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleManne View Post
    Are Comtac IIIs still worth picking up, or are there better options out there? I'm also looking at the Peltor Sport Tactical 500 if anyone has any experience with those. I'm open to swinging the extra cash for the Comtac IIIs if it's really worth it though.
    I’ve had COMTAC IIs, TAC 100s, Sordin Supremes, and Walkers. The COMTAC IIIs are my favorite. Obviously those aren’t all in the same class but still. I think some of the Liberator/Safariland options may be better, but those are north of $400 and don’t really matter unless you’re in a team environment and using comms. At least that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast