Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Who currently has the best price on the Sordins Supreme Pro X. Ted on the Sig Forum isn't getting them anymore what a pitty at $200 they were a steal. Currently I am looking towards CSUK or TCI.
    Thanks for direction guys.

Fraternally yours

Jimmy Ward
    Last edited by Street Survival; 08-25-08 at 16:24.

Feedback Score
    Just got my HL impacts and they seem pretty nice. Just concerned with overall protection and am pretty sure I will have to mate them with some in-ear plugs.

I am anxious to see how long these last.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a HL impact, it's pretty ineffective indoor, you definitely need ear plugs to go with that. The best ear protection without the fancy eletronic for cheap that I own is the Bilsom Thunder T3 30 NRR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use a pair of ComTac II's, with the gel ear seals, and wear a pair of SureFire EP3's underneath, they work indoors or out, pistols or rifles. The gel seals make a HUGE difference in comfort for extended periods. My only complaint is the battery life. These things seem to really eat the batteries.

I also got a pair of the Howard Leight Tactical's for my son. He loves the fact he can plug his gameboy into them, when he gets bored at the local matches. I tried them out once, before I let him use them, and was really impressed with the performance, for the price.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After over a year and a half of use, my HL Impact Sport models have finally given me their first problem. The right ear is cutting in and out a lot, to the point where it's unusable. Anyone dealt with HL and fixing something? They definitely don't make it easy to get any kind of warranty info on their site.

Feedback Score
    Not me, but the good thing about the HL Impact Sports are that they're very inexpensive to replace. I have nothing bad to say about them. For the cost, they're great headsets. No problems using with a lot of indoor use without adding earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    After over a year and a half of use, my HL Impact Sport models have finally given me their first problem. The right ear is cutting in and out a lot, to the point where it's unusable. Anyone dealt with HL and fixing something? They definitely don't make it easy to get any kind of warranty info on their site.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I have had a set of the Peltor Comtac for several years now and I have never had a single problem with them. In fact I am still on the original batteries because I don't always use them in the 'on' position. The recess in the right earpiece clears all shouldered weapons (for right-handed shooters).
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score
    Thought I should pass this info along.

I just got a set of Howard Leight Impact Sports for $40.35 shipped! They have them at Cheaper than Dirt right now. Use code 1037-9508 at the check-out. I am not sure how long that code is good for.
    Last edited by testudo; 09-16-08 at 17:53. Reason: price correction

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by testudo View Post
    Thought I should pass this info along.

I just got a set of Howard Leight Impact Sports for $40.35 shipped! They have them at Cheaper than Dirt right now. Use code 1037-9508 at the check-out. I am not sure how long that code is good for.
    Code works fine - ordered a set just like you did and I'm looking forward to seeing these before next week.

Cheers,
    Pk

Feedback Score
    I've managed to keep my hearing for the last 25+ years around turbine aircraft engines and shooting.
    Now I'm ready for my first pair of these electronic muffs, and I have a question.
    Has anyone found they need more than the NNR:18 of the MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro-X? I know they can be supplemented with foam plugs.
    How about the MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro 3+, from TCI, with a NNR:26?
    Should be more of the same type of protection, right? What, if any, are the drawbacks? Looks like they're within about $30 of each other.
    Worf: No! Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects. (dreamily) And claw at you.

Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast