Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What does everyone recommend for a behind the neck set of electronic muffs?

I don't want Peltor's 6's and currently own Peltor 7's. All the Sordins seem to have a top head band which will not work with my hat for sun protection (Tilley). The Peltor 7's work pretty well with a baseball cap and will work in the house if I'm ever in my "PJ's" and find I need hearing protection (or want to listen to the bad guy breathe and creep down the "fatal funnel").

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is fantastic option for the money and the quality will shcok you!
    Howard Leight Impulse Sport electronic ear-pro:

I bought my Howard Leights for about $55.00 and promptly retired my Peltor Tac6 ear-pro! It comes with a cord so you can plug an Ipod directly into them, runs off 2x AA batteries...they are good to go!
    (I am not affiliated with Howard Leight's sales department in any way)

Howard Leight ear-pro in action:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Doorkicker,Do they make behind the head model?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No, HL does not make a behind the head model...but the quality of these blows the TAC6 line out of the sky!

-It takes 2x AA batteries vs. Peltors AAA
    -Its a hell of a lot easier to access the battery compartment which is located on one muff on the outer portion of the ear piece vs. having to tear apart the Peltors inside ear cup.
    -It has an input jack for radios/Ipod
    -Its sound quality is terrific
    -its cheaper
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Hersh View Post
    Does anyone have experience with Pro Ears? http://www.pro-ears.com/shootingspor...protection.htm I want the maximum NRR that I can get and was considering the Pro Mag Plus.

My thoughts on the Pro Ears are that the battery compartment is not waterproof, so when sweating a lot or while training in the rain, they will shut off.

They are also too fragile, you don't want to drop them. The warranty service sucks. They are expensive and for similar money the Sordin's are a much better option.

The sound or audio quality is superior to the Sordins.

In a lower price range the Howard Leights are a great value. Everyone I know who has them has been satisified with them.

For max NRR try Surefire Ear plugs and the muffs of your choice. M.H.O.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    I've been talking these up for a year.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0044358228573a.shtml

I have seen them as cheap as $35 and at a high of $75. Honestly, why not give them a try?

Subzero,

Absolutely right, why not give them a try. When you see them again for $35, could you make a thread announcing your find? It would be a public service announcement. For $35, it would be a no brainer. The cheapest I have seen them was about $50.

As for the LULA, I think I would rather slam the car door on my left hand, than go without my LULA.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Cheaper than Dirt had them for $35 at one time. They're up to a whopping 42 bucks now.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/36900-54279-966.html
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)

Thumbs up

The Supreme Pro's are excellent not sure about the Peltor's but Sordin's are awesome.

Company Line...

The Sordin MSA Supreme Pro™ Ear Muff gives police officers, military personnel, and hunters optimum hearing protection, along with the ability to hear the surrounding environment. Especially useful for target shooting, the Supreme Pro Ear Muff’s slim ear cups are shaped to suit both right- and left-handed shooters. Other features include AUX input and watertight battery compartment. NRR = 18dB $249.95

The new Sordin MSA Supreme Pro™-X Ear Muff offers fully waterproof microphones along with slim design cups for both right- and lefthanded shooters. Superior features include high amplification with natural and realistic sound, and a waterproof battery compartment. NRR = 18dB $279.95
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is probably the best deal you’re going to find on absolutely top of the line electronic hearing protection.

Tactical Command Industries, Inc.

Peltor Comtac for $155

http://www.merchantmanager.com/tacti...DU94%2F329%2DD

I paid over $200 for my 1st set. Thank God a friend passed this link on to me when they needed to be replaced. I got them from these guys for $135 so the price as gone up $20 in the past six months.
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 12-26-07 at 23:47.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What is the difference between the ComTac I and ComTac IIs?

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast