Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 01-24-15 at 01:35.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As stated earlier in this thread I've been using a set of BTH TCI DEHP's for 1.5yrs now after starting years prior w/ Sordin Supreme Pro-X's from Steve @ Triad Tactical.

My answer to your question, YES. That said I agree they are pricey (I rotate the Pro-X's for friends or my backups) but I also believe in buy once, cry once & value my God given senses.
    Last edited by Agile53; 08-29-15 at 19:57. Reason: cleaning up verbiage

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 01-24-15 at 01:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just recently bought the 3M Peltor Tactical Sport and the HY80 gel hygiene kit...these things are amazing and very comfortable. Way cheaper than the Sordins too.

http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    I'm a Peltor user but have found that they "cut-out" for a fairly slight tap and have a recovery time of a second plus which can be disorienting. They do work though! And you can't beat the price. I do however lust for a pair of the TCI's!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If shooting is a fairly high interest of yours and classes are something you plan to attend, the Peltors Tactical Sports are perfect for the money. A fuzz over a hundred and you get a decently rugged, good sounding, comfortable set of ear protection. I used these for a 2 day class and didn't have any problems.
    Now if you are serious into shooting and classes, just step up to the Sordins. I have a pair of these with the gel ears and I won't ever plan to get rid of them! The way they sound are phenomenal! They are a bit on the expensive side but if you're spending big dough on guns, gear, and classes, then at some point you have to get them. They're definitely a game changer.
    I have a set Howard Leights also. They are ok for the money, they get the job done as far as being electronic ear muffs, but for me the seal breaks too easy. I turn my head just a little and it's almost like I'm not wearing them. But that may be just me. Seems lots of people use them without problems. For me, I use these as a loaner set. Nobody has seemed to complain about them except me...
    Anyways that's my $0.02 and experience on some hearing protection.

Feedback Score
    I just purchased MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X ear pro. These are the most comfortable set Ive own yet.
    I have one question though.
    It doesn't seem to amplify the ambient sounds like my other electronic ear pro. Is this normal?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was thinking about this thread earlier this week. Are the Sordins OK with a SOPMOD stock?

Feedback Score
    Im about to pony up and get some harris's

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacam View Post
    I just purchased MSA Sordins Supreme Pro X ear pro. These are the most comfortable set Ive own yet.
    I have one question though.
    It doesn't seem to amplify the ambient sounds like my other electronic ear pro. Is this normal?
    Thanks
    Not sure if this helps or not but I do know the ones I have get pretty loud so I usually have to turn them down. All the extra sounds I hear through them can drive me nuts on the range. No experience with them hunting though.

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast